Will J.R. Tolver ever be good enough to start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will J.R. Tolver ever be good enough to start?

PhinFan54

Baller
Reaction score
I was just wondering peoples opinions on J.R. Tolver's ability and talent. Will he ever develop enough to start somewhere or at least be rotated in? What are some of his good qualities... speed, good hands, strong?

Tolver is 5th at best on the depth chart.

It doesn't look like it. Tolver hasn't stood out at all in his time here. He needs a good preseason just to make the team IMO.

you think Thompson will develop!? he only had one good season w/ the Skins to prove himself and was awful last year... what makes you think he'll get good

Tolver is not big enough nor fast enough to start in the NFL.

If you don't have the measureables you have to have an elite quality otherwise and he does not have that. Main reason i thought we should have traded up and picked Doug Gabriel that year. (he did have the measureables and will start with Raiders this year probably)

I seen him make some good catches last preseason,Hell he was a fifth or sixth rounder.What do you expect?

Remember He IS San Diego State's all time leading reciever. He is extremely quick and was a big play guy in college. His size hurts him a little but he is still young and I feel can contribute on first and second downs with the deep ball. Remember 30 receptions for 350 yds and a couple of scores sure will help CC and Boston keep from being doubled all game.

PhinsmissedFG said:
Tolver is not big enough nor fast enough to start in the NFL.

If you don't have the measureables you have to have an elite quality otherwise and he does not have that. Main reason i thought we should have traded up and picked Doug Gabriel that year. (he did have the measureables and will start with Raiders this year probably)
Tolver is 6'0 200 I believe. Marvin Harrsion is 6'0 176. Hes not to small IMO.
I don't think hes too slow...

Gabriel WILL NOT be starting in Oakland this year. He is competing to be the number 3 reciever with rookie Curry. The starters will be Rice and Porter. And theres certainly no chance either of those guys will get injured :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom