Will Jay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Jay

were you around for 2001? jay started all 16 and the playoff game buddy. he played 15 and 2 playoff games in 2000. last year, he gets branded 'fragile' after breaking his thumb on a helmet, he shoulda played through that one:rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:
to answer your question NO i do not think so.has he yet? he is injury prone like chris chandler and their is to much money tied up in his contract for that.jay is not that bad of a qb BUT needs to aceept the back up role or go.

Do you think we will put him in the back up role next year and if so who do you think is going to be starting?

time to bring sage out of the woodwork, i say draft or trade for a qb, but sage deserves some playing time next year if J doesn't get us at least to the afc champ game this year

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
ever have a season were he stays healthy? :cry:

Who cares???

It won't be an issue for Fins fans next year...... thankfully.

Originally posted by Phishstix
were you around for 2001? jay started all 16 and the playoff game buddy. he played 15 and 2 playoff games in 2000. last year, he gets branded 'fragile' after breaking his thumb on a helmet, he shoulda played through that one:rolleyes:.

I don't think that's the case. Labeling him "fragile" would be like labeling Steve McNair "fragile". They're just injury prone, and labeled as such. Jay gets hurt every single year. 2001 was the exception.

Most quarterbacks are injury prone, but some of them can play throught it... Ex: Mcnair, Favre, Garcia, Warner.. only one i can think of is Manning that is not injury prone..

Jay carried this team on offense in 2001, and he played in every single game that year.

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Most quarterbacks are injury prone, but some of them can play throught it... Ex: Mcnair, Favre, Garcia, Warner.. only one i can think of is Manning that is not injury prone..

Let's break your thumb or whack you on the knee and see you play QB. You're not in for that? LOL. I can buy that. I wouldn't be either.

My point here is that I really doubt those guys would have been playing in Jay's situation, especially through the thumb thing. I do wonder if McNair would be capable of playing through the knee thing, but that's just because he seems to be piling on a new injury every single week without missing a start.

The problem with him is that those injuries quite likely ended up being the difference in their last two losses. Would the team have been better served with Volek? I'm not saying that, but you never know...

favres been playin w/ a broken thumb all year, hasnt said a word about it....

Originally posted by ZThomas54
favres been playin w/ a broken thumb all year, hasnt said a word about it....

It's a totally different injury to a different part of the thumb; Favre's is much less severe.

Acully, Jay missed one game in 2001 which was the first time in NFL history two brother QBs have started at the same time (The Huard brothers)

Originally posted by Prime Time
Jay carried this team on offense in 2001, and he played in every single game that year.
He played in every game except for the one Huard played

Back
Top Bottom