Will Miami Dolphins draft Maryland star WR Heyward-Bey? He fits the bill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami Dolphins draft Maryland star WR Heyward-Bey? He fits the bill

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
42336651-1.jpg

Darrius Heyward-Bey's reputation preceded him this week in Indianapolis, where the NFL scouting combine will mint fresh millionaires and unmask impostors for its April draft.

Scouts already know Maryland's mercurial wide receiver is lightning in a bottle, a touchdown waiting to happen, that he has tantalizing size, long arms and extraordinary athleticism -- exactly the type of big-play receiver Miami Dolphins boss Bill Parcells covets.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-heywardbey09,0,5100811.story

He'd have little impact this season as he'd just take plays away from Ginn. He'd be great in the second round where he could serve as a compliment to Ginn with Henne in the future.

But right now in the first round we need a defender more than a speedy WR. Give me Nicks in the second I'd be happier than Bey in the first. Nicks has more of a Boldin body and I think thats what we lack.

When the Steelers or Ravens are smacking up our OL Bey isn't going to make any kind of difference.

But as an overall prospect, I like Bey, just for another team.

if he is there with the 44th pick i think we should take him is Nicks isnt there

if he is there with the 44th pick i think we should take him is Nicks isnt there

he will be gone some stupid team will take him b4 then, adn if he is still there i still dont want him. nicks also wont be there at 44, but i would think about taking him there, but not if someone good fell.

I'm sorry but WR is not a priority right now.... it may seem like it is to the untrained eye.... but we could hardly run the ball last year... we certainly couldn't contain high powered offenses....

Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, Fasano, Martin, Brown, Williams, Cobbs..... we've got alot of guys for Chad to throw to.... Truth is we're still early in the rebuild stage and still need to work on the front lines.

If u go WR, u go for the homerun hitter and take Bey at 25 . . . all these Murphy's and Bardens later on, forget about it . . . with Bey u either are getting a #1 WR or a guy who will struggle his whole career. Bey and Ginn would be electric with Bess in the slot and Henne throwing the rock, with Fasano and Martin causing havoc in the middle.

Mind u, I totally rather go defense this whole draft until the 7th where we pick up some OT depth and possible a flyer on a low risk, high reward WR. But if we must go WR, and DHB is on the board, I am a fan of taking him . . . even over Nicks.

the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Kenny Britt, or Hakeem Nicks being our first round pick. All 3 have good size, and physical, and are fairly productive.

If I had to chose 1 though, IMO I'd takte Britt.

He's obviously a HR threat and has ton's of speed, but really sounds like he's going to take some work on routes and pass catching. Isn't that exactly what was said about Ginn when he came out ???? Not the same height/weight as H-Bey, but similar type of big play guy. I'd MUCH rather have someone like Nicks who catches everything in his general area and can make something happen after the catch.

Back
Top Bottom