Will O-gun be a draft day trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will O-gun be a draft day trade?

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm tired of listening to him & his agent pi$$ing & moaning all the time....I hope we can get something decent for him....

If he did go he would go tomorrow, personally I don't care get rid of Ogun I'm tired of his agent who wants so much money and Ogun is not that good anyway, he had one good year and that was the year after Jason Taylor lead the league in sacks which was the only reason Ogun did that good because everyone doubled Taylor

Well I'm not tired of having the best DE combo in the league, so i hope we keep him, and get an extension done after the draft. I dont think we'll get enough for him in a trade, but with contracts up to others next year if they feel they need to get rid of him then i hope they get a great deal for him...Cuz otherwise I'd rather him stay.

I think that a draft day trade or a trade involving a team picking somebody with the intent of trading us that guy for Wale at a time when the proper paperwork has been done is unlikely but possible. I don't think Wale's contract demands would pose an issue -- any team doing this should pretty well know what he is after and be willing to give it to him.

I think it is possible for a draft day trade. I am sure they will try.

To the maker of this thread:

Hooters hooters, yum yum yum, Hooters Hooters on a girl that's dumb

91...hold on there, "he's not that good anyway" I don't think so...he is a very good player, is strong against the run, and has good moves to get into the backfield and disrupt the QB's rhythm....Is he JT, no...but he does compliment JT in our defensive scheme very well...

The problem with trading him on Saturday is that a deal would have to already be in place between the team he is being traded to and the Fins and at least parameters that Ogun and the new team could live with finacially) or he would have to sign the tender offer the Fins have on the table before a trade can be made...I don't know if the Fins are thinking that way, or if Drew is asking for a trade on draft day....I find it highly unlikely a trade will be made because of this...

I think a deal could happen, but Wale would've had to agree to the parameters of a contract for that to happen. So, I'd think the Dolphins were already in negotiations with his potential suitor. Also, whether he is dealt or not may determine our first round pick.

Here's my thinking: We may not be able to afford Wale and Chris Chambers next year. So, if Wale is dealt we may go Oline with the first pick (Chambers gets an extension this year). If Wale isn't dealt, we go WR in the first round knowing the possibility of CC leaving next year is a real possibility (under this scenario Wale would get the deal from us he is looking for).

LarryFinFan said:
91...hold on there, "he's not that good anyway" I don't think so...he is a very good player, is strong against the run, and has good moves to get into the backfield and disrupt the QB's rhythm....Is he JT, no...but he does compliment JT in our defensive scheme very well...

The problem with trading him on Saturday is that a deal would have to already be in place between the team he is being traded to and the Fins and at least parameters that Ogun and the new team could live with finacially) or he would have to sign the tender offer the Fins have on the table before a trade can be made...I don't know if the Fins are thinking that way, or if Drew is asking for a trade on draft day....I find it highly unlikely a trade will be made because of this...

I like him too, I just hate his agent he should fire him, but I was only saying that he had just one good year so he's no Taylor

I don't think anyone seriously "wants' to trade O-Gun. It is a possibility though based on the fact that we aren't offering him a long term contract this year. He says he'll hold out, but how can he really???....

If he holds out, he'll only damage his future worth IMO. He needs to come out and have another solid year to ensure his future. I love the guy, and I'd hate to see us lose him. It's a very tough decision, and one only money will solve...

If he swallows his pride for one more season, he'll get his contract regardless IMO. I think it's in his best interest to do it in Miami where he knows he can be a major force....

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

Ogun has 25 sacks over the last two years. How is that having just one good year?

Make no mistakes about it people, OGUN is our reserve firepower in case we want to make some serious draft day moves. Spielman did the right thing by not accepting less than the 1st and 3rd compensation during the course of free agency so far........this way we still have him come draft day and if things are unfolding the way we want them too, then Rick can make something happen.

Personally the only way I see him being traded is definately if we move up and somehow we've managed aquire a second rounder........

Yeah, Kris...I think 91 was referring more to Punk Drew than Ogun himself....and yes, he has had 2 good years, but I think his play against the run is much better this past year than his 2002... Blitz's point is right on...a hold out only damages his worth more. I see either a new 1 yr deal being struck or us signing him LT...It is not his time yet, it is time for the draft now....then the June 1 cuts...then it will be his time to negotiate....But the bottom line is he is going to get his money, one way or the other, and he deserves it...

LarryFinFan said:
Yeah, Kris...I think 91 was referring more to Punk Drew than Ogun himself....and yes, he has had 2 good years, but I think his play against the run is much better this past year than his 2002... Blitz's point is right on...a hold out only damages his worth more. I see either a new 1 yr deal being struck or us signing him LT...It is not his time yet, it is time for the draft now....then the June 1 cuts...then it will be his time to negotiate....But the bottom line is he is going to get his money, one way or the other, and he deserves it...

Yeah I wasn't bad mouthing Ogun himself just his agent If I were Ogun, Drew would be fired by now

Please keep McMike, Ogun and Chambers... cut Fiedler or whoever, but let's keep the young guys home

Back
Top Bottom