will og be be a fin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will og be be a fin?

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
what is your opinion on the return of oronde gadsden? and would you want him back at this point?

Originally posted by finman006
what is your opinion on the return of oronde gadsden? and would you want him back at this point?

Slim to none, and no at this point no thank you very much.

Oliver...

we really should take the money from OG deal and put into the offer for knight, as green bay is offering 1.5M a per year and honestly i think knight is a packer in the next 48 hours, that would be a huge disappointment if we loose a playmaker like him after we came so close to almost grab him....:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Dolphins will match any reasonnable offer from other teams to Knight.

Since Knight want to be a Dolphin he will let them have a chance to match before signing anything.

so if knight wants to be a phin, why would he even consider other offers ?

Originally posted by Al13
so if knight wants to be a phin, why would he even consider other offers ?

because why would a team pay smething more than what someone else is offering? it is called establishing market value. dolphins wont pay more than they have to. cincinnatti however might be totally different.:lol:

and on the orande gadsden thang. i dont care if he comes back or not. i think we have the WR's we need to make norvs offense go. when orande called it quits last year after his injury, it spoke volumes to me. he was listening to his agent , who is wrong. he is wrong becuase teams dont want a quitter for over a mil. they want a guy who will fight to the end. my take on whats happening: New england doesnt really want him, minny doesnt realy want him, maybe jaxonvile wants him cus they are hungry for a #3 guy, but noone wants a guy who will listen to their agent before they listen to their coach. they are trying to force us into getting him so we dont get more guys like griese and knight. we are set at WR people and JR Tolver/thompson will make everyone forget about orande. orande will be insurance if at all for injuries if he is still available.

Originally posted by Al13
we really should take the money from OG deal and put into the offer for knight, as green bay is offering 1.5M a per year and honestly i think knight is a packer in the next 48 hours, that would be a huge disappointment if we loose a playmaker like him after we came so close to almost grab him....:(

U know, im not saying that sammy knight would not improve our defense, but a backup QB is what we need more than anything. if green bay wants to pay sammy 1.5. say goodbye, cus we are getting griese or neil odonnell one way or the other. why everyone is so greedy for defense is beyond me. we have junior, now look at what we really need. everyone is acting like we have all the money in the world to offer. we dont.

Despite every reasonable effort on the part of Wanny (in particular) and Spielman, Gadsden has held out against the interests of the organization.

This isn't a game anymore. Once Gadsden and his agent -- in their infinite wisdom -- held out through draft day, it forced the organization to spend resources in a way it may not have if they had any reasonable certainty regarding Gadsden's interest and commitment. (Hard to put that word "commitment" in the same sentence with any reference to OG anymore.:()

We've held space and money for OG long enough. Once he and Todd let us spend a pick on J.R. Tolver, OG's obit was written in his agent's hand. What a sad end.

I was a HUGE fan of Gadsden's. Now I'm cheering for Tolver's succession and success.

I agree with much of what has been said here. I thought that Oronde should have played last season - he might have made a difference in a couple of the losses last year had he toughed it out. And, I also think that he has handled his free agency very badly.

That being said I still think we should pick him up because I think that he can contribute towards a succesful, maybe Super, season

You know Zachseau I would have said that once, but now, I think we cut our loses and move on..plus we can only pay OG a 1 yr deal...we have thompson for 4 and will have JR. for 3..Knight still has 1 year after this on his contract..I think we're okay..Let's get Knight and Griese and move on..

After seeing what WR D. Thompson brings to this offense, I think it's safe to say that we no longer need O. Gadsden.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
After seeing what WR D. Thompson brings to this offense, I think it's safe to say that we no longer need O. Gadsden.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Agreed Blitz! Besides OG needs to get some re-treads on those feet of his. And last I checked they don't allow walkers on the field of play. I just can't see spending money on this guy when it can be used elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I was a big OG fan before his injury. But all this controversy regarding his agent and decision to opt for surgery last season makes me skiddish and although he may be a great locker room guy, I feel it's time to move on without him.

Just my two pennies.

I think Thompson brings every physical trait that OG brought...with the ability to actually TRY and run after the catch. OG made is bed...let him lay in it for another team.

I dont know if OG will be a fin.....Do I still want him back? I got mixed feelings for this question, with all the negativity going around for him on these boards, it makes me not want him, but OG was special, especially in the redzone.....he was the last of our recievers to catch Balls from Marino....and he came out of the Arena League...this guy was special to our team and even the players recognize, its really his agent and his personal problems (like someone said) that I would guess the deal is not done.....but to answer your question, I wouldnt mind trying him out and letting him come back, but at the right price....maybe the vet minimum.

My thoughts on OG hasn't changed from March 1st..

Let's cross out fingers and pray we don't re-sign him, unless it's for the minimum. Right now, I'd even rather have Quadry Ismail.. :rolleyes:

I'm fine with..

1.Chris Chambers
2.James McKnight
3.Derrius Thompson
4.JR Tolver
5.Charlie Rogers..

Back
Top Bottom