will our defense be effective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will our defense be effective

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
in light of the new rules on cb contact will our defense be as affective as it has been i mean wanstadt doesn't seem to handle changes very well. he doesn't make very good adjustments when it is needed.

I'm not worried. Good CBs are good CBs. More than likely, they'll call it tight in preseason and the first couple games and Mad Dog and Surtain will adjust to it, and then they'll stop calling it so closely. Most directives on rule enforcement go that way.

Yea... until a big game and an @n@l crew... then you get slapped with 4 or 5 of 'em and lose the game. Because you anticipated light enforcement.
Our DBs' coverage has been predicated on tight coverage with a lot of touching for years.... it's hard to break old habits. This rule WILL bite us in the @$$.

I feel the same way, this rule will definitely be a tough one on our team. Hell I remember, two or three years ago it seemed everytime we stopped a team on third down... then oh wait there is a marker down... defensive holding, 5 yrds and automatic 1st down. I am bracing myself for a LOT of those this year.

NathanHunt said:
Yea... until a big game and an @n@l crew... then you get slapped with 4 or 5 of 'em and lose the game. Because you anticipated light enforcement.
Our DBs' coverage has been predicated on tight coverage with a lot of touching for years.... it's hard to break old habits. This rule WILL bite us in the @$$.

Yup. It will be enforced very unevenly as well. Wait until a Patsy game.

my biggest worry will be wanny's deer in the headlights look when he doesn't know what to do to adjust to this new rule. as long as the game plan is going fine wanny is ok but if they throw a wrench in his plans he seems to look lost

I'll reserve judgement on this "rule change" until I see the officials in action. Until then, well, we've heard this before. Multiple times I might add. Every other year someone raises a stink about ultra-tight coverage and being physical, and the refs and officials vow to make it a point of emphasis not to let CBs get away with as much. Every other year we Dolfans ask the question is this going to seriously affect our defense.

I can remember the NFL vowing to call pass interference, holding, etc tighter at least twice in like the past 5 years.

I think this rule has the potential to ruin our season.

I'm not concerned about Pat, he is just a great corner.

But Madison seems to get called a lot for holding and contact. It could really effect him.

I`m more concerned with the poor tackling Madison shows week in and week out.

P4E said:
Honestly, it would be more helpful if you honestly told us why you honestly think so.:)

I think because they are not good at bumping at the line and maybe with this it will make em change doing that so much...

Miami has a good defense. If they had any kind of offensive attack it would be a great defense.

Goin` Deep said:
I`m more concerned with the poor tackling Madison shows week in and week out.

Ding, Ding, Ding... you sir, are correct.

Back
Top Bottom