Will Randy McMichael lose his job to Desmond Clark?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Randy McMichael lose his job to Desmond Clark??

Originally posted by chambers84
Playing TE depending on what your role is, is a ittle easier than a WR, or RB. 10 games compared to 16 isn't that big of a deal for a TE depending on role. With 2 TE sets, McMichael won't be worn out like some would think. Clark is great insurance, but not be discouraged by a rookie playing 16 games at TE.

I think the "rookie wall" that first year players have to address is more of a mental hurdle than a physical one. Conditioning is more long term than in college, but the ability to stay focused for 4 pre-season, 16 regular, and potential post season games is a drastic increase from the college season.

I don't think so. At least not yet. Weaver doesn't make much money. Neither does Clark ($450K plus incentives).

For now I'll approach the Desmond Clark issue with a good amount of cautious skepticism. There's a reason the Broncos tagged him with a first round $1.3 million dollar tender, and yet there's also a reason that the Broncos jumped at the chance to get Shannon Sharpe, keep Dwayne Carswell, and some other no-names rather than going with Desmond Clark again.

The Good: Had a good season last year catching the ball. Was tagged with a first round $1.3 million tender offer by Broncos.

The Bad: Had the good amount of catches largely due to lack of ANY kind of depth at WR (Kevin Kasper? Puhleez...Dwayne Carswell also caught like 30+ balls cuz of the WR situation...Patrick Hape not too shabby neither). Broncos jumped at chance to replace Clark with Shannon Sharpe. Broncos also cut Desmond Clark. Clark is injured and has been all preseason. THE 25 TEAMS AHEAD OF US ON THE WAIVER ORDER DID NOT PUT A CLAIM IN ON THE GUY.

As you can see far more reason to be skeptical of the guy right now, especially that last point in caps.

CK, you may have a point on Clark, but to say that he caught his 51 passes because the broncos WR's sucked doesn't make sense. So what! 51 catches is still 51 catches. Who cares what the reason is?

The job is McMichael's to lose, but Clark will see substantial action once he returns. It's just one more weapon to take advantage of whilst teams are keying on Ricky.

He was cut mostly because the Broncos did not want to pay 1.3 million to a guy that couldn't play for a few more weeks at the earliest and because they did sign Sharpe. He was not claimed before us because others didn't want to pay him 1.3 million I would think.

As I said Howard adds insurance and a TE does have a harder job than WR's ..He's expected to block big lineman,,time and time again when we run...that can be wearying...and at this level..McMicheals can't slack on blocking even if the play is the other way..DE's in this league will chase from behind and kill a play..He's a rookie he wil make mistakes...I think he has to much up side to lose his job..It's up to him and as long as he knows a Howard is there...I think he will concentrate a little more,, knowing there's someone who can catch and play like him...but he's got a couple of weeks before he has to worry about that...Right now is a good time for him to learn and improve week to week.. Wr's only have to block little DB's when not running patterns..Make no mistake playing TE is a hard job..

Mad Dog just said that Randy McMichael has more potential than any TE in Dolphins history.

mcmichael will start but clark gives us great depth...it will also give norv a chance to use some 2 te sets...that will be really great around the goal line...just another thing the defense will have to prepare for...

Back
Top Bottom