Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Under 800 Yards

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Ricky Wont play enough to get 500 Yards

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Just Give Ronnie The Ball and Give Ricky Cleanup Duty

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters
mmm... I don't think Ricky Williams will be like he use to be...
Ronnie Brown will prob. run more than Ricky

I for one hope that Ricky only touches the ball when Ronnie needs a breather or we've put the game away and just need someone to run out the clock.

It all depends on how he's used. I see Saban rotating the backs quite a bit, but if one guy gets on a roll, I think he'll try to ride it out. One thing is for sure...it will be nice to see RB as a strength and postition with good depth after last year.

My guess is he'll get more than 1....but less than 1000.

It all depends on the OL and the amount of carries.

ok ricky is not gonna come back from being away from the game for a year and get time with all these backs its gonna take him a while to get into footbal shape and back up to his playing weight and stregnth then he wont get even half the carries so i expect 300 yds and thats it outta him you just arnt gonna come back and be wat you were it doesnt happen

If Ricky resembles the same runningback we first signed I am sure that Saban will get all out of Ricky that he can. Maybe that will be for him to trade next offseason but it definatly depends on both how well our guys are playing. If Ronnie comes out of the gate strong it will be a tough decision for Nick. We all can be happy about not relying on ricky this year to carry the load, but Im excited that we as fans dont have to rely on Wanny to make the key decisions. Praise Saban! no more predictaball!

I think if Ricky makes the team and plays in 12 games after his suspension....he probably won't get more than about 10 carries a game.....so that would equal to around 120 carries at 4 yds a game....or about 480-500 yards....hopefully he can do more but I think that is wishful thinking.

dolfreak said:
When Ricky comes back after serving his 4 game suspension, do you think he'll rush for at least 800 yards???

Keep in Mind he'll be splitting time with Ronnie, Lamar, Travis, and Sammy.

clear.gif
clear.gif

Do you really thing Travis and Sammy will be running the ball this season?

pwn3dyo said:
Yeah...Ricky Williams has always had great seasons when he wasnt injuried with the saints/dolphins. Putting 40 lbs on for Ricky won't be that hard. If you already had alot of muscle to begin with its relatively easy to put that weight back on. Not to mention Ricky is just physically gifted. I see Ronnie getting around 600-700 rushing yards, and ricky getting about 1000
You think Ricky will get 1,000 while missing 4 games due to suspension, while splitting time with the #2 overall pick in the draft, while trying to come back from a year absence from football, and while playing behind our o-line? You must smoke what Ricky does.

If Ricky gets legit playing time in the last 12 games, he will definatly break 800. Here's whats going to happen:

if Ronnie displays that he is the man for the job in the first four games, Ricky's going to be traded.
if Ronnie leaves ANY room for doubt, Saban is going to give Ricky his shot

if you give Ricky Williams 15 carries a game, for 12 games, he will break 800 yards, year off or not, providing the o-line can at least be mediocre.

For some reason, I want Ricky to stay a Fin for a long long time. I don't want him going to the Jets or the Raiders to haunt us in the AFC, and those are two very likely places he could end up, and both of those teams have awesome O-lines.
I would rather have Ricky than Ronnie as my starting RB any day of the week. I might change my mind, but only if Ronnie makes me.

Halifax, at 15 carries a game (which is doubtful because Ronnie will be getting 25-30) for 12 games Ricky would need to average 4.44 yards per carry. His career average is 4.0 pre-pot/sitting out a year. He's already 28. Doubt he sees 800 ever again in his career, at least with the Miami Dolphins (much less in 12 games).

DrAstroZoom said:
My guess is right at 500 change-of-pace yards, assuming he makes the team.

if he makes the team.... wtf.....i'm going to put a stick in your spokes for talk like that. !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom