Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year?

Will Ricky Williams break the Dolphins rushing record this year?

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by chambers84
I hoping for 2000!! F*CK! the first round pick!!!

You tell 'em, With the last pick in the 1st rd, might as well give it to RW and let him get as many yds possible:D

I guess I didn't explain my reasoning and or logic behind my opinion.

I'm seeing these possibilities:
Every team we play will key for RW unless we can manage to open it up with passing.
Possible injuries to the Oline/Jay/WR's/Ricky/etc.
Newly installe offense that requires everyone to be on target.
Pure dumb luck.

Please don't misunderstand me, I think he has the shot at doing it. I hope he does. He's certainly has the ability to. But I'm trying to see all the outside influences that can and will occur at one time or another. Trying to predict them and how they will affect our team is why I said he won't.

But again I'm just a fan, not a sportswriter that knows everything about them.
Please tip your waitress.

IN RESPONSE TO THE PREVIOUS POST

Thanks!! You can deposit that tip into my PAYPAL account!

Optimism certaily dictates that he can and will. As long as he stays healthy and the OL is in decent shape throughout the season( do I hear a recurring theme? Maybe because we Dolphans have a tendancy to expect injuries?), I can see him rushing for 1300-1400, and grabbing another 300 or so in receiving. I voted yes, simply because "on paper" it should be a given...

I have a question. Was Lamar Smith or any other Dolphin running back the last few years, hit BEHIND the line of scrimmage a lot? Ricky lead the league I think last year in carries for negative yards because the saints' OL sucked so much.

I hoping for 2000!! F*CK! the first round pick!!!

Well maybe it's just me...but with the QBs that should be coming out in the draft next year...I want that 1st rounder...Plus wouldn't it be great on draft day to watch us pick with our #1 pick....another DB?!?:confused:

I pray that Jamar turns out to be awesome...but I still think we should have drafted Drew Brees...I just have a feeling that one day...We are going to say "Man...we coulda had that guy...":rolleyes: :eek:

In response to 054, I disagree with your assessment of Brees. Drew Brees sat behind Doug Flutie last year, and Fiedler played a lot better than Flutie. Brees has a decent future but I still see nothing wrong with the Fletcher pick. He was the best available player left and I don't believe QB was one of our needs. Really, when we went on the clock with that pick, I wanted Chambers, I was praying Chambers, man did we get lucky he fell that far.

As for Ricky, yes he can do it IF he stays healthy, IF the o-line plays well, and IF he adjusts to the offense quickly. But that is a lot of IF's, so for that reason I am saying no. Will he in the future? Probably, but this year? I don't know. I guess we will just have to see. My guess is that he will gain 1,173 yards this season.

Back
Top Bottom