will ronnie brown become a better running back than.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will ronnie brown become a better running back than....

ricky did the best he could behind that offensive line!!!! Dont you remember how bad it was! He was hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage half the plays. When Ricky was here for the first year, he actually had a bit of time to run the ball. The second year he played, no running back would have excelled behind that bad of an offensive line.

... Hopefully we can have ricky and ronnie together for a long time. It would be great having 2 runningbacks that can carry this team. It would extend the careers of both players. Assuming ricky does not retire again. :confused:

Megatron said:
I wouldn't consider Ricky a top three running back.

Three years ago, before he was overused, he was BETTER than a top 3 back. He can still be a top 5 back if he gets his weight back up.

some people forget that when you have football skills they dont go away in one season taking off. Once you get older, football skills start to diminish, but taking a year of is not as bad as people think. It wont be hard for him to gain some of the weight back. All you have to do is eat a lot and exercise a lot.

....Anyways I took almost a year away from baseball and had my best season ever. Your skills do not suddenly go away. Ricky Williams has a lot more skills than I will ever have so he should be able to regain his. He will regain them and turn to the type of player he was before. Maybe for him a year of from football is a good thing. He might be at a better state of mind.

this post was about ronnie brown potentionally being a ricky williams like player with top tier running back skillz! i believe he can be because they compared him to tomlinson! tomlinsons the best running back in the league! compared to the best you have to be good! yea and linehan runs a system in which the blocking catching running hard brown can excel since they are only using a one back system unlike another post has pointed out!

FanMarino said:
can i just say that Ricky is underweight going by press reports and hes a total unknown what hes going to do when he comes back to training camp. He wont be back till the Tampa game and his mental condition is an unknown at this point so lets go with Ronnie Brown all the way. I'm amazed how many ppl think Ricky will be back as the RB we knew and loved. I for one aint expecting miracles at this juncture. Ronnie is our future.
He said compared to Ricky before he retired. Try thuroughly reading the post next time :).

I'm reminded by ESPN that Edge AND L.T. both had very productive rookie seasons and both has long holdouts. I am also reminded that Ronnie Brown is one of the best RB prospects to come out in recent years, including Edge and L.T.

Back
Top Bottom