Will Saban taken any chances? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Saban taken any chances?

CChambers7284 said:
UMM well this whole offseason he has been taking chances

1. Not resignign Morlon greenwood and making our LB situation even more messed up
2. Not resigning Sammy Knight and then signign Tebucky Joens who is older than Knight
3. Thinking he can count on Ricky as a RB
4. Signing washed up D linemen like Carter and Holliday
5. Not doing anything w/our QB situation (signing ferrote doesnt count as a move)
6. Wanting to put the Best DE in football at OLB

it is clear that you are incredibly stupid when it comes to football. saban is modeling this team after his mentor bellicheck, who runs his team through an extremely effective system (obviously). he doesnt really have superstars, he has a bunch of mediocre players that eventually, like deon branch, are named superbowl mvp. in the superbowl he had a rookie from lsu starting, and who infact played remarkably well. now greenwood was never any good. for christ sakes, he never had a forced fumble. and by the way, our linebacker situation isnt that bad. we have pope, moore, seau, thomas and possibly taylor, who will be a great pass rushing linebacker. in terms of knight and jones, that system doesnt require a safety who makes 3 times as much and will end up doing the exact same thing in the new system. those d linemen are excellent aquisitions bc of, once again, the system. ferotte is a veteran, and when saban tells him just dont make mistakes, thats what he is going to do, and thats what we need at quarterback for now. ferotte can also help mentor a young qb like feely or smith or rogers, etc.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Sporting News has us taking him in Round 3.

I think he'd be another likely player for us.....in fact, I think it makes sense that if a quality LSU player is on the board around where he is projected, there is a strong possibility that he'll be a Dolphin. Saban likes his LSU guys.

DE Spears
CB Webster
C Wilkerson
etc

Trade possibilities -
QB R. Davey in some type of deal....

Tampa Bay trade Up - TB 1st, WR Clayton (LSU last year), TB 3rd rounder for #2 overall

I think it also gives you a good idea about Saban's eye for talent and what position fits a player the best. I doubt anyone on here, except for the LSU fans here, knows that Corey Webster and Marcus Spears were being recruited as a WR and TE respectively. When Nick got them on campus, he saw that their future was at CB and DE respectively.

Stephen Peterman was a guy from St. Stanislaus high school in Mississippi that played tight end. He was 6'4", 275 lbs at that time. Most teams were recruiting him to play tight end. Saban got him to LSU, and moved him to the OL. Really not that different from the way Kirk Ferentz finds linemen at Iowa. Peterman became an All-American as a guard.

Back
Top Bottom