Will someone tell me why?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will someone tell me why??

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Why is it that we have been a soft team since the Shula era?? I mean going clear back to the Superbowl in 1982, we have been clobbered by physical teams. Remember how the Redskins steamrolled us in the Superbowl with their physical rushing attack with John Riggins. We had our porous pathetic defense throughout the 1980's and then the Bills were a physical team who ran over us throughout the 1990's. Then look at what teams like Jacksonville and Denver did to us when Jimmy Johnson was coach. They were both physical teams with physical rushing attacks and they clobbered us. Then the Raiders bludgeoned us with a physical attack in the playoffs when Wanny was coach and the same happened when we played the Ravens in the playoffs. Fast forward to present day and we are no better. We never seem to have players on our defense that will knock the snot out of an opponent. We never have players who can hit the opponent harder then they hit us. We get smacked around and we never seem to return the favor. I am sick and tired of this finesse crap we have and every time we play a physical team we get battered, bloodied and beaten. This coming off-season we had better damn well find some physical players for our defense and offense. It's long overdue that we set the tone. It seems that we haven't had a physical team since the days of Csonka and that needs to change!!!!!

we're getting more physical. Long, Smiley, Langford, Merling, Starks, Ferguson, etc all these guys are way more physical.

But like everything else, thats going to take time too. you cant rebuild in one year. Whatever WRs and CBs parcells brings in i can gaurantee they will be more physical then what we have now.

Also, our playcalling needs to be more physical.

Smiley isn't exactly a "physical" guy. As far as Ferguson, Langford etc. they were getting dominated yesterday by a physical rushing attack.

Smiley isn't exactly a "physical" guy. As far as Ferguson, Langford etc. they were getting dominated yesterday by a physical rushing attack.

Ferguson was knocked out of the game in the first quarter. We had the run shut down early, but after losing Ferggie they ran it all over us.

we don't have a lot of depth on our dline due to misfires on so many past drafts. we need about 5-6 guys like Merling and Langford, not two.

it takes time.

Back
Top Bottom