Will the Saints leave New Orleans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the Saints leave New Orleans?

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Superdome is in horrible shape and New Orleans won't be drained for another 3-6 months. The mayor of New Orleans also said that the city may take several years to rebuild. The greatest factor though is that almost every house within a huge radius of the Superdome is destroyed or near destruction. It is safe to say the last thing on the minds of the residents of New Orleans and the neighboring counties is football. With this in mind, would it be smart for the Saints to try to move their team to say a place like Los Angeles, Las Vegas, etc.? Does anyone see this happening?

If the NFL ever needed an excuse to move a team to the LA market, it has one now -big time.

The LA Saints? :D Sounds funny, huh? I don't see how the Saints will be home at all for at least this season, and people in New Orleans have bigger concerns than football.

Does LA have a suitable stadium right now though? Or would the Saints be better off playing at LSU for this season? I'm sure the NFL is working on this even now.

Irregardless, you can't change a teams location one week before the start of the season... so the question is, what happens to the Saints for this season? Where will they play? Maybe after this year something could be worked about for a possible location change.

I think if they were to move anywhere it should be Los Angeles. By doing this, they can do basically what the Nationals did in the MLB, and move and get it over with in the offseason. If they moved to Vegas they would have to build a stadium, which would take at least another season. By moving to Los Angeles, they could start as early as next season.

I could see the Saints moving to LA....that would be a shame if NO lost their team primarily due to a hurricane (along with other reasons too) but you have to figure that the Superdome likely won't be in use this year and you never know as far as the future goes...the people in NO will be rebuilding for many years. :(

I think the Saints should cancel the season this year because of the hurricane and out of respect to the victims of New Orleans, Miss., and Alabama.

They certainly have the best chance of moving of any other team, i dont see them getting the stadium they want in the forseeable future, and i dont think Tom Benson wants to play in that rat-hole so he'll probably move them in maybe 2008? or something.

LA Forum perhaps?

Well they are saying San Antonio. I say give LA a football team to watch for awhile seeing as how no one from NO is going to make it to SA anyways.

BengalsFan said:
I think the Saints should cancel the season this year because of the hurricane and out of respect to the victims of New Orleans, Miss., and Alabama.

Also if you cancel the Saints season (which is rediculous) you would have to completely reorganize the schedule. Plus it is nothing more than a worthless token. Should you then cancel the Packers, Giants, Colts season because the QBs of those respective teams have families down there. The bottom line is this tragedy affects more than just the Saints, but cancelling their season is not going to solve any problems.

Also what do you do with the 52 players that aren't playing or receiving pay cheques?

Honestly I don't think LA needs a team. Football is big in Louisiana, Mississippi, & Alabama, & one of them deserves to have a team.

SMadison29 said:
Honestly I don't think LA needs a team. Football is big in Louisiana, Mississippi, & Alabama, & one of them deserves to have a team.

that is true. But they definatly need a stadium upgrade. If they dont get one they are likely to leave.

Benson the owner of the Saints is already in talks with San Antonio about moving the team there full time.

Maybe the scumbag move of the year. As the city is under water he is trying to shop his team.

MikeO said:
Benson the owner of the Saints is already in talks with San Antonio about moving the team there full time.

Maybe the scumbag move of the year. As the city is under water he is trying to shop his team.

If Benson did that he would make Modell look like owner of the century.

MikeO said:

In his defense, those talks were already rumored to going on before Katrina hit........but I get your point.

With what happened, do you think anyone will want to live in New Orleans again? It wouldn't surprise me if all the teams that played in N.O moved out.

Back
Top Bottom