Will there be compensation for Ricky's retirement? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will there be compensation for Ricky's retirement?

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am asking anyone with knowledge on this loss of Ricky and if we are eligible for compensation in next years supplemental draft? It seems to me we should recieve something from this....anybody?

Its called "buyer beware". In other words, you knew what you were getting when you traded for him.

It would be different if he never suited up for the Phins, but you got 2 productive years out of him.

Clumpy said:
No compensation in the form of draft picks.
When u say not in the form of draft picks, are you talking about how were getting money abck from him, or will the NFL give us something too.

Also, not questioning ur knowledge, just asking how u kno we wont get a pick?

i think the nfl should do something about what ricky did.. he needs to play his contract out or be fined by the nfl. or we should get atleast one of our picks back, why cause its bulls****!!!!!! no wonder we cant get talent, we get players and they Pu** out .. take the money and run... somehow the nfl should put a rule in saying , u have to finish out your contract n order to retire.. bunch of s***, we lost 2 first round picks and that pisses me off.. gone, nada, finish, for what 2 years of football and a bag of weed.. come on nfl , make an exception in this case!!!!

if we dont receive a pick, thats total bull****.. they want everyone to buy sunday ticket but when a player gets all this money and a team invests 2 first rounders for him. the NFL DONT DO A DAMN THING, TO HELP THE TEAM OUT THAT LOST THERE ASSES. IF THEY CARE ABOUT WHAT WE AS FANS THINK , THEY WILL PUT THE HEAT DOWN AND I MEAN *** KICKING TIME.. U CANT LET PLAYERS , SCREW A TEAM LIKE THAT.. AND IF I WAS ON THE TEAM , I WOULD TAKE A FEW TEAM MATES AND KICK RICKYS A**.. SOMEONE NEEDS TO STR8IN HIS A** UP! MAKE ALL THAT MONEY AND HAVE SO MANY FANS, KIDS, EVERYONE AND TAKE A SH** ON THEM.. BASH ME IF YOU WANT BUT I DONT CARE, WHAT HE DID WAS JUST PUSS*!!!

The NFL isnt obligated to do anything. The Phins were the ones that made the decision to give up the picks for Ricky...and remember, if Ricky hadnt led the league in rushing his first year here we would only have given up 1 first rounder for him.

Compensatory picks are only for teams who lost players via free agency (and they only get picks if the player's contract ran out, if a player is released, then they don't get anything). The Dolphins will not get anything from the NFL for Ricky. We took a risk in trading for him and now we have to deal with the fact that he retired. We may be able to get money from Ricky, but that's it.

He is still obligated under his contract to pay the 8 million back so we might get something out of it. That is if our dumb *** front office pursues that money

Brad528 said:
He is still obligated under his contract to pay the 8 million back so we might get something out of it. That is if our dumb *** front office pursues that money

Why would this be dumb? Under the contract rights of the trade the Dolphins have every reason to sue RW. Sue and slap an injunction or something on him not permitting RW to leave the country until this is resolved. If he wants to be free and travel the world first he's got to pay what's owed.
I'm not bitter at this point, just realistic. His agent warned him ahead of time the Dolphins have the right to file a lawsuit. Unless Ricky was high and forgot, he was aware the course of action the Dolphins would take.

Eshlemon said:
Why would this be dumb? Under the contract rights of the trade the Dolphins have every reason to sue RW. Sue and slap an injunction or something on him not permitting RW to leave the country until this is resolved. If he wants to be free and travel the world first he's got to pay what's owed.
I'm not bitter at this point, just realistic. His agent warned him ahead of time the Dolphins have the right to file a lawsuit. Unless Ricky was high and forgot, he was aware the course of action the Dolphins would take.
Not saying it would be dumb to get the money saying it would be dumb not to cause when Spielmen was asked if they were going to try to get the money he said he didnt know.

craig said:
i think the nfl should do something about what ricky did.. he needs to play his contract out or be fined by the nfl.
If he retires then the NFL has no say in anything about it. You cannot fine former employees. How would you collect?

Also as for RW playing his contract out. The Titans did not let George play his contract, so why do you believe RW should have to play his contract out when teams are not required to allow players to play out their contract.

Alot of fans wants Miami to cut Madison this past offseason. Did you? What about allowing him to play out his deal?

Now RW might have to return some signing bonus money, but since Miami did not pay it, he may not have too.

Back
Top Bottom