Will Vikings Draft a Qb with the 1st or 2nd pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Vikings Draft a Qb with the 1st or 2nd pick?

Joe_robbie#1

Polish Dolphan
Reaction score
Minnesota might end up using a top 3 pick on a qb. Daunte is gonna be old for most if not all of training camp. just wondering if anyone else has wondered if the vikes would draft a qb.:D

nope, waste of pick, they locked him into a ten year deal a couple of years ago and their new owner gave him a raise in the offseason. they will go for the best player in college football, reggie bush.

They can go either Bush or LEinart but hold on a sec On espn its saying that C peepp can miss also next season but on the other hand If BRad plays well the vikes can win 67 games leaving them out of the top 4 5 so we do not know

culpepper is going to be their qb for the next 5-6 years. no way they get a qb. its reggie bush they go after.

his old one was 10 year 102 million with 16 guarateed.
the new owner redid it in august of this year and gave him more bonuses and annual salary increases.

Hard to say what direction they will go in the offseason, there are to many questions regarding the coaching staff and if Wilf will clean out the front office.

ether79 said:
Hard to say what direction they will go in the offseason, there are to many questions regarding the coaching staff and if Wilf will clean out the front office.

slash and burn. but i think DC stays

why would he leave anyways ... b/c he isn't having that great of a year with out moss .....

Maynard said:
slash and burn. but i think DC stays

Quite possibly, but I think you're right on the clearing out. At that point you ask yourself if they think Culpepper is worth keeping or trading to the highest bidder. IMO you keep him and go with Bush, Williams, or maybe Hawk. They could go so many ways depending on the new coaching staffs style and system.

If they end up with the top pick it's very possible that they send Culpepper to Arizona for a couple #1s. That would be more beneficial than keeping him, IMO. I don't think the Vikings should take Bush because they already have 3 of those types of players, though not on his level, on the roster with Onterrio Smith, Ciatrick Fason, & Mewelde Moore.

No way in hell that should do something stupid like that. if they do get a very high pick, then they should go after Reggie Bush or trade down and get more picks.

If they're the worst or second worst team in the league or somehow have the opportunity to take Reggie Bush whether it may be at #1 or #2, they definitely will. I don't think they'll be the worst team or second worst team in the league though, I think they'll win maybe around 5 games, but will finish with a Top 10 pick. No way do I see them go QB in the 1st round, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a QB maybe in the mid rounds, I still think Daunte Culpepper is their guy whether he can play next year or not.

Back
Top Bottom