Will we ever Draft a QB! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we ever Draft a QB!

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Im not sold on Culpepper, we all saw that Joey is Joey and Cleo is a work in progress still.Forget Russell and I know Quinn may not fall to us, but it is so fraustrating knowing that we might now have a QB until a year or two. I mean it just hurts so much....Troy Smith, Drew Stanton can any of this guys become good QBs at the next level.... How do we know Russell or Quinn are not bust. I just hope with Mueller and Cam both who have had success with the QB position can draft a quality player at the position that has been ignored since Marino.....

Im not sold on Culpepper, we all saw that Joey is Joey and Cleo is a work in progress still.Forget Russell and I know Quinn may not fall to us, but it is so fraustrating knowing that we might now have a QB until a year or two. I mean it just hurts so much....Troy Smith, Drew Stanton can any of this guys become good QBs at the next level.... How do we know Russell or Quinn are not bust. I just hope with Mueller and Cam both who have had success with the QB position can draft a quality player at the position that has been ignored since Marino.....

All I want to know is, WHY IS EVERYONE IN LOVE WITH CLEO?????????????

I think there is a small chance that Quinn will slip to us, but thats being optimistic. I think we NEED to draft a quarterback in one of the first three rounds, and I wouldn't mind drafting either Troy Smith or Trent Edwards. I think they both have a decent shot at succeeding in this league. I really don't see why everyone loves Drew Stanton so much, his decision making is terrible.

i'd be surprised if we dont draft a QB this year. i really hope we do

I think there is a small chance that Quinn will slip to us, but thats being optimistic. I think we NEED to draft a quarterback in one of the first three rounds, and I wouldn't mind drafting either Troy Smith or Trent Edwards. I think they both have a decent shot at succeeding in this league. I really don't see why everyone loves Drew Stanton so much, his decision making is terrible.

Stanton and Kolb will get picked before Smith or Edwards. Drew is a big athletic QB that can read a defense and make all the throws that gets NFL personel guys excited and that is why he is getting so much love right now.

Stanton and Kolb will get picked before Smith or Edwards. Drew is a big athletic QB that can read a defense and make all the throws that gets NFL personel guys excited and that is why he is getting so much love right now.

Ive said this all along. Stanton is the guy to draft. This guy has star written all over him.

Troy Smith is not exactly your ideal NFL QB, at just 6-1 he may have some trouble getting the ball over some 6-7 D-lines. I think we would have to adjust our entire playbook to fit him in. Im not exactly sold on any of our current QB's either, but the least we can due is get a decent guy for the future. Drafting a QB is a crapshoot, you never know when you may find a diamond in the rough. Going for the best college guy is not always the answer, sometimes you have to dig deep.

Unless one of the top 2 QBs falls to us (starting to Look like there is a slight chance of that happening with Quinn), I see us taking Stanton in the 2nd, maybe 3rd, but I doubt he gets past the 2nd.

Stanton would be great here, because the tools are there, Pretty good height and size for the position, very athletic, and even the mechanics are not as bad as they could be (he is very accurate, but he does tend to throw some dumb INTs). With some Grooming by a top QB coach (Hmm, do we have one of those), he could be a very good QB.

Because..

Because he was our best qb?
but we need to draf a qb anyway GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

Somebody please tell me what drew stanton did in college to now be considered a steal in the draft. If we do get him, which I hope we don't for the record, I will look at it as just a regular run of the mill pick.

This guy did what exactly in the big ten? 1-7 in conference play and 4-8 overall. that is impressive. I just got off the why all the love for ginn thread a minute ago, and I have to say at least he did something. Even if the guy landed to us at nine, and ONLY returned kicks... he would be an immediate impact player. We would have above average field position on virtually every possession, and I would venture to say that he will probably take more than his fair share to the house.

The only big ten game MS won was against northwestern and we all remember how that game went. I would put him as the next joey, a good backup. Actually he is ahead of joey, joey isn't a good backup he's terrible.
Drew stanton would be a good backup.

there should be a few good qb's in FA this year or some that could be had by trade. We have some guys we could trade that like slip on everything booker and even possibly welker.

You know, he hasn't given us any reason to love or hate him yet, so I guess, with his familiarity with Cam and such, we all want to just give him a chance and see what we have with him no?

Kevin Kolb is a guy who I wouldn't mind seeing us draft. Trent Edwards may be a tad overrated along with Troy Smith who was measured at the combine @ 6 feet even. Drew Stanton will probably go higher than what he should but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a starter in 3-4 seasons which is too long for us to wait.

I'm curious to know, hypothetically if JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn were available to the Phins who would you rather have playing for us?

I don't think we will ever draft a starting type QB. Miami has something against it. This year we should definitely get someone decent in a later round and just pray that he gets a chance and pans out, but all our starters come from somewhere else. I don't know why, but it bothers me sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom