Will Young Players Emerge? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Young Players Emerge?

The DT screams scary, there is some talent there but is very green imo will be tested early and often. Phillips was known to be freakish talent but a problematic back coming out of college looks like those traits are still on still on display, Taylor and Godchaux were impressive pickups in last year drafts imo but to throw them in as full time starters could be a long shot.

I know he is getting overlooked in favor of some our other pick ups and draftees, but I really think Akeem Spence will help stabilize the defensive line.

One promising thing about this team in recent years is the young talent actually does seem to be developing and contributing much more so than say during Philbin's tenure. I'll credit Gase and Grier for that.

Great post!!!, Like others have mentioned the 3 players who really need to step up are Philips, Parker and Tunsil. Tunsil is has not displayed the immense talent that He showed in college so far on the NFL level. It's imperative that he take the next step at left tackle. If Tunsil becomes the player he was in his college days the offense should take the next step because he virtually will guarantee Tannehills protection on The Blind Side. If he can do that, the offense should take off. Parker has been nothing but an enigma at wide receiver. For every good game he plays he has several where he doesn't play as well or disappears completely and on top of all of that, he's constantly injured or playing with some sort of nagging issue. If Parker is somehow able to solidify the wide receiver position by giving a solid contribution on every given Sunday, would go a long way in helping improve Ryan Tannehill and the offense overall. But in my opinion it's Jordan Phillips who has the biggest need for a huge amount of improvement in terms of stability and consistency at DT!!! Like others I also believe that Spence will help along the defensive line but it still remains Jordan Phillips who can help the most on the entire team, if he takes the next step, the defensive line with all of a sudden become Rock Solid and steady something they haven't had in quite some time. I'm not a big fan of Jordan Phillips never was always felt that he was a player that was never going to reach his potential in spite of all of his efforts. If he should somehow turn on the lights and become solid I just hope Miami doesn't make the mistake of giving him a huge contract to stay with the team And reverts back to inconsistent player we all have come to know. Those are the three guys that I feel carry the biggest burden into the 2018 season.

I would take targets from every other WR if I have to. Grant has the chance to be the most explosive WR we have based on his past production. How often do you want to put a guy on the field that will make the defense crap their pants? They cannot cover him without over committing resources.

Wait, are you saying Jarvis Landry didn't make defenses crap their pants?

They have to give Grant 10 yards cushion just so he doesn't blow past them

Great post!!!, Like others have mentioned the 3 players who really need to step up are Philips, Parker and Tunsil. Tunsil is has not displayed the immense talent that He showed in college so far on the NFL level. It's imperative that he take the next step at left tackle. If Tunsil becomes the player he was in his college days the offense should take the next step because he virtually will guarantee Tannehills protection on The Blind Side. If he can do that, the offense should take off. Parker has been nothing but an enigma at wide receiver. For every good game he plays he has several where he doesn't play as well or disappears completely and on top of all of that, he's constantly injured or playing with some sort of nagging issue. If Parker is somehow able to solidify the wide receiver position by giving a solid contribution on every given Sunday, would go a long way in helping improve Ryan Tannehill and the offense overall. But in my opinion it's Jordan Phillips who has the biggest need for a huge amount of improvement in terms of stability and consistency at DT!!! Like others I also believe that Spence will help along the defensive line but it still remains Jordan Phillips who can help the most on the entire team, if he takes the next step, the defensive line with all of a sudden become Rock Solid and steady something they haven't had in quite some time. I'm not a big fan of Jordan Phillips never was always felt that he was a player that was never going to reach his potential in spite of all of his efforts. If he should somehow turn on the lights and become solid I just hope Miami doesn't make the mistake of giving him a huge contract to stay with the team And reverts back to inconsistent player we all have come to know. Those are the three guys that I feel carry the biggest burden into the 2018 season.

Paragraphs are a good thing too.

Wall of text makes baby jesus cry.

They have to give Grant 10 yards cushion just so he doesn't blow past them

Is that what the tape says?

I went to NFL.com to see that 65 yard TD slip screen against KC. The CB wasn't about playing 10 yards off, nor was the defense overly concerned with his presence on the field. But on his highlight reel play, he had 3 blockers take out 2 guys while the Tunsil block was a whiff. What Grant did do, was bowl over a safety and break a arm tackle to go the 65.

Grant will be a nice decent addition to this offense if the CS finally decides to use him consistently. But realistic expectations or at least some healthy skepticism should be in order since it is his 3rd year in the league. As for the KC WR addition, he to has a NFL resume and outside of his speed...hes been pretty mediocre himself.

Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt came into KC and flashed day 1 season 1. Showing what a consistent threat looks like....I believe Hill as a rookie made ALL PRO. How Hunt didn't do the same is baffling.

Miami has a lot of potential in June, July and August.

Last edited:

I went to NFL.com to see that 65 yard TD slip screen against KC. The CB wasn't about playing 10 yards off, nor was the defense overly concerned with his presence on the field. But on his highlight reel play, he had 3 blockers take out 2 guys while the Tunsil block was a whiff. What Grant did do, was bowl over a safety and break a arm tackle to go the 65.

Grant will be a nice decent addition to this offense if the CS finally decides to use him consistently. But realistic expectations or at least some healthy skepticism should be in order since it is his 3rd year in the league. As for the KC WR addition, he to has a NFL resume and outside of his speed...hes been pretty mediocre himself.

Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt came into KC and flashed day 1 season 1. Showing what a consistent threat looks like....I believe Hill as a rookie made ALL PRO. How Hunt didn't do the same is baffling.

Your example actually exemplifies WHY Grant should get the ball more. The CB could not cover Grant which allowed him to make plays in space. What Grant did do was not what was expected. He took what should have been a 10-12 yard gain to the HOUSE. On the same play again, he gets about 25 more chunk yards. Third year in the league, let the dogs out with this dude.

Look at his preseason tape last year against the Vikings. He ran right by the corner for a wide open TD

Your example actually exemplifies WHY Grant should get the ball more. The CB could not cover Grant which allowed him to make plays in space. What Grant did do was not what was expected. He took what should have been a 10-12 yard gain to the HOUSE. On the same play again, he gets about 25 more chunk yards. Third year in the league, let the dogs out with this dude.

Actually it took a WR, TE and a late LT to spring him from the CB and a LB. What he did do, taking KC by surprise, was his physical play on a arm tackle by a LB and a safety not named Eric Berry.

But KC wasn't some defensive juggernaut last year, they have done basically a complete remake of that unit this offseason.

I'm not saying Grant is a scrub, and it's not I who isn't give him much play. At the same time, the hyperbole of some here is nuts. Like Grant is this toy just sitting on the bench that could make every CB in the league look stupid.

Let's get through August before making such ludicrous statements in June. I've been here since 2008, and this team is undefeated and lethal in June, July and August.

And we have 2 10-6 seasons to show for it. Zero PO wins. And a 2018 filled with unknowns not uncommon from Davie HQ.

Not going to get in a debate over "10 yards," but if Gase can get Grant a couple of long passes in the first 2-3 games, he'll demand a safeties attention at a minimum, particularly if the D plays press.

Even if he's solid rather than a pro-bowl type talent that would be huge for the team.

I think Parker and Phillips will likely always be the type of players who flash here and there. Not busts, but not quite the players fans thought they would be when they were drafted. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong on both of them and they can consistently hit their "flash" ability.

To me, Drake and Howard have already began to emerge. I think the next ones we'll see are Fitzpatrick, McMillan and Grant. Maybe Gesicki as well.

I agree with this post. Parker and Phillips are what they have been and Howard and Drake are emerging.

Look at his preseason tape last year against the Vikings. He ran right by the corner for a wide open TD

I did. And would it surprise you that CB didn't play ONE single down in the regular season? Sam Brown #31 DB Minnesota. Has zero minutes in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom