Willams Numbers... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willams Numbers...

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Miami
One ting I would like to add about Williams ..He doesn't have game breaking speed which I don't like.Some one like Lamont Jorda who has strenght like Ricky could break a couple tackles and he is gone which one thing I don't about ricky...
 

IceStorm

The High Tech Bong Monkey!
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas
Well Jordan doesn't play for the Dolphins, Ricky does. And on another side, while you state Ricky doesn't have that "break away speed" you didn't mention that Jordan doesn't have that pile driver strength that can move piles of human flesh like Ricky can. Each has their own pro's and con's.
 

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Miami
Originally posted by IceStorm
Well Jordan doesn't play for the Dolphins, Ricky does. And on another side, while you state Ricky doesn't have that "break away speed" you didn't mention that Jordan doesn't have that pile driver strength that can move piles of human flesh like Ricky can. Each has their own pro's and con's.

Are you kidding me?Lamont Jordan has it all ....There not many running backs in this league that have it all(Power,speed,elusive,quickness,agility and add balance to it)..There only a handfull of rb's that fit that description and obviusly Ricky is not one of them.I only mention that fact that Ricky has no "game breaking speed " because it would help if he did especially now with Lucas starting...
 

phinphan

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
618
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by minus
Are you kidding me?Lamont Jordan has it all ....There not many running backs in this league that have it all(Power,speed,elusive,quickness,agility and add balance to it)..There only a handfull of rb's that fit that description and obviusly Ricky is not one of them.I only mention that fact that Ricky has no "game breaking speed " because it would help if he did especially now with Lucas starting...

So, would you rather have Lamont Jordan than Ricky Williams??

________________________
Do or do not.....there is no try
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,526
Reaction score
0
One things for sure, Ricky MUST get the ball more than 14 times.(Green Bay game)
 

IceStorm

The High Tech Bong Monkey!
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas
Originally posted by minus
Are you kidding me?Lamont Jordan has it all

Well, being that I am not a NFL coach or a NFL scout I am not the one to say who is better then who. Since they are the people that make the decision on who's better then who, I would assume they know more about it then any of us. Can they be wrong? Sure, but chances are we wouldn't be right. They get paid to say who is better, not us.

I personally think they got Ricky because he is better suited to the type of game style they wanted to run this year. Maybe Jordan didn't fit that mold.
 

Barbarian

Practice Squad
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
2,310
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Vacaville, CA
Originally posted by minus
I only mention that fact that Ricky has no "game breaking speed


Well, he sure looked fast enough when he broke that 50+ Yard TD run against the Jets earlier this year.

Or how about on thet 38 Yard swing pass that he caught?

Ricky is a stud, and we just havent been riding him. Playcalling HAS GOT TO improve.
 

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Miami
Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, he sure looked fast enough when he broke that 50+ Yard TD run against the Jets earlier this year.

Or how about on thet 38 Yard swing pass that he caught?

Ricky is a stud, and we just havent been riding him. Playcalling HAS GOT TO improve.

Ricky is not "fast" and he is good running back ...It takes him a while for the speed to kick in .The fact is Ricky is not a game breaker and you guys shouldn't be expecting too many long runs from him period.I would rather have Lamont Jordan who I think is a stud ..RIcky is a power runningback and now you know why Saints gave up on him.He is better than naything we had over the years and I'm glad we have him..
 

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Messages
1,636
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Bethlehem PA
Ricky is fast.. he showed me that on the 4th and inches we had against the packers... it was closed up in the middle and he went to the outside (which is crazy on 4th and short) and he beat 3 defenders to the outside for the 1st down... flat out outran them... he does have speed... I would not want Lamont over him... he may be a little faster but he is not as strong as Ricky..
If he was on our team he would have less yards right now then Ricky, there are no holes at all for Ricky to run through.. he is earning every inch..
 

phinphan

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
618
Reaction score
0
It would be interesting to see what Lamont Jordan could do against 8 man fronts :rolleyes:

Ricky is fast.. he showed me that on the 4th and inches we had against the packers... it was closed up in the middle and he went to the outside (which is crazy on 4th and short) and he beat 3 defenders to the outside for the 1st down... flat out outran them... he does have speed...

Excellent point. I don't know where this fallacy concerning Ricky's lack of speed originated. Jerome Bettis, Eddie George, Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith and Priest Holmes are all recent examples of running backs knocked for their apparent lack of break away speed. I think that I would settle for any one of them.

At this point, Lamont Jordan has proved very little. He may have talent, but then so did John Avery (an example, I am not making a comparison beyond that). When Jordan has success, forcing teams begin to focus on him as the main threat; carries the ball 25 times a game........ then perhaps he can be considered a legitimate force. Until that time, he is simply a talented reserve.

_________________________
Do or do not......there is no try
 
Top Bottom