William Moore, Safety from Missouri | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

William Moore, Safety from Missouri

Reaction score
I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform next year. I'm a huge fan of big, playmaking safeties, and he is most definitely one. 6'1, 230 lbs, could run in the 4.4s. I remember watching his bowl game vs Arkansas last year and he was simply unreal. Had over 100 tackles last year, 8 INTs, 2 sacks, 9 TFLs. Has been playing off and on with a hurt foot this year, will probably not play this weekend. My favorite player of all time is Sean Taylor, and Moore's similar combo of size and athleticism has me paying close attention. Oh, and guess who his favorite player is? Sean Taylor.

Anyway, haven't seen his name mentioned around here so I thought I'd hype him up (not that he's unknown, projected to go early 1st next year). While I'd love to have Crabtree, I'm not sure there's anyone in the draft I'd rather see playing in Miami more than Willie Mo!!!

i doubt we go S in the 1st though. highly doubt it. maybe 2nd or 3rd or even 4th.

I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform next year. I'm a huge fan of big, playmaking safeties, and he is most definitely one. 6'1, 230 lbs, could run in the 4.4s. I remember watching his bowl game vs Arkansas last year and he was simply unreal. Had over 100 tackles last year, 8 INTs, 2 sacks, 9 TFLs. Has been playing off and on with a hurt foot this year, will probably not play this weekend. My favorite player of all time is Sean Taylor, and Moore's similar combo of size and athleticism has me paying close attention. Oh, and guess who his favorite player is? Sean Taylor.

Anyway, haven't seen his name mentioned around here so I thought I'd hype him up (not that he's unknown, projected to go early 1st next year). While I'd love to have Crabtree, I'm not sure there's anyone in the draft I'd rather see playing in Miami more than Willie Mo!!!

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. Sean Taylor was also my favorite player and this guy reminds me of him a lot when I watch him play. I also like Taylor Mays from USC a lot and either one would be a terrific and welcomed addition to our secondary.

I also agree with SR 7 though. I very highly doubt we go Safety with our top pick in '09. I could be wrong, but CB seems to be the bigger need here.

I was just about to make a thread on Will Mo until I saw this... I agree... I would pick up Will Mo if Miami does not draft high enough to pick up Maualuga or Lauranitis.

round 1 will go to a CB or LBer, whether its Rey Rey or OLB. the problem is there is a lot of quality O Linemen coming out and most are projected in the top 20. So either A, pushes a LBer or CB down to us if we have a mid teens pick or B it pushes the linemen to us cuz the LBer/DB's are taken high.

I think Rey, Silvia, and Davis would be our ideal picks right now. Not a big fan of jenkins to be honest, a bit overrated. Rey is a clone of Long but for D. TOUGH, STRONG, PHYSICAL, MEANNNNNNNNNNNN STREAK LIKE NONE OTHER, and a GAMER with great instincts. so he is a very HIGH possiblity. Davis is a quick and very physical DB with great size. Now i think if we go for Asomugha or Gamble in FA or even McFadden we wont go for a CB in round 1 or even 2a but maybe 2B or 3.

How about Michael hamlin? Can play both FS and SS and is projected to go in the 2 round.

You might like Chip Vaughn as well and he is projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round.

Keep an eye out on domonique Johnson. CB expected to go in the 3rd round. He'll be the steal of the draft.

If Moore, Mays,and Hamlin are off the board for us by round 2 or 3 then my "gem draft pick" for a Safety is Trimaine Goddard from UNC this cat was all over the place yesterday against the U. AND THE VERY LAST PLAY OF THE GAME SEALED THE DEAL FOR ME.

for those who don't know youtube the game UNC versus THE U yesterday

William Moore was also a stand out in highschool in Missouri.....
While at Hayti High School Moore was a standout wide receiver and cornerback earning all-state honors on both sides of the ball. While at Hayti he helped them win 3 consecutive conference championships from 2001-2003. Moore finished his high school career with a school record 74 receptions for 1,768 yards and 34 touchdowns....just thought i'd share this with all of you....

[edit]

How is Safety not our biggest area of need? We got burned over the top in two games because of Crocker and our other FS (Hill) is only marginally better. At SS we have Bell, who's a gamer but is also getting up their and is injury prone. I think we go Moore and Chung/Hamlin for our first two picks and lock up the topside for the next decade.

Taylor Mays is the most overrated defensive player in this draft....just like Calias Campbell was in last years draft...

I don't think Mays will even play safety in the NFL.....I think he'll make the transition to linebacker and fits best in a Tampa 2 scheme...ala Urlacher, Cato June, etc.

I like Kevin Ellison better.....

William Moore is the best all around safety in this draft IMO....However there's an underclassman at Florida St. by the name of Myron Rolle who I think has tremendous upside as an NFL prospect....Rashad Johnson of Alabama is the best ballhawk in college football...when you have a chance to get one.....get him....they don't come in his caliber in every draft...

Taylor Mays is the most overrated defensive player in this draft....just like Calias Campbell was in last years draft...

I don't think Mays will even play safety in the NFL.....I think he'll make the transition to linebacker and fits best in a Tampa 2 scheme...ala Urlacher, Cato June, etc.

I like Kevin Ellison better.....

William Moore is the best all around safety in this draft IMO....However there's an underclassman at Florida St. by the name of Myron Rolle who I think has tremendous upside as an NFL prospect....Rashad Johnson of Alabama is the best ballhawk in college football...when you have a chance to get one.....get him....they don't come in his caliber in every draft...

would James Laurinitis be the 2nd most over rated then? isnt Mays already playing at like 230-235? so ya, him at linebacker I can see for sure.

Back
Top Bottom