Williams...''literally Driving'' The Saints Crazy Now!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams...''literally Driving'' The Saints Crazy Now!!

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well...they say that timing is everything. If today was another round of talks between the Saints and Dolphins for RICKY WILLIAMS....I am sure that RICK SPIELMAN faxed over the recent POILCE BLOTTER section off of the local NEW ORLEANS newspapers today...to GM RANDY MUELLER.
Not that MUELLER had to be reminded of the latest RICKY talk...but this one he probably cannot believe happened at this...of all times.
Late this past Sunday night....RICKY WILLIAMS was pulled over...and given a ticket for reckless driving and was clocked at a speed of 126 miles an hour...while driving with a woman in his Mercedes SUV. The car was handed over to Williams freind while he had to go in and post up the sum of the tickets.

NOW....IT IS TIME FOR SPIELMAN TO BE PATIENT. HE NOW JUST SITS BACK AND SHOULD ACTUALLY EXPLORE OTHER TRADE AVENUES...AKA. FRED TAYLOR. THIS LATEST INCIDENT COULD NOT HAVE COME AT A BETTER TIME FOR SPIELMAN. THE PRESS IS ALL OVER THIS STORY IN NEW ORLEANS AND NOW PUBLIC OPINION DOWN THERE....IS PROBABLY BEHIND NOW...MORE THAN EVER...FOR THE SAINTS TO JUST GO AHEAD AND RID THEMSELVES OF THIS VERY TALENTED...BUT SEEMINGLY VERY IMMATURE RB. BUT LIKE I SAID...THE TIMING IF THIS INCIDENT...IS NOW THE KEY. THERE SHOULD BE NO HURRY AT ALL....WE SHOULD JUST WAIT FOR MUELLER TO FOLD LIKE AN ACCORDIAN.

THE TRADING OF OUR FIRST ROUND PICK AND OUR THIRD...IN THIS YEARS DRAFT....FOR THEIR SECOND ROUND PICK THIS YEAR.....LOOKS MORE VIABLE TODAY...THEN MAYBE YESTERDAY.

HOWEVER...I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS.... IF WE DO ACQUIRE RICKY WILLIAMS.....YOU KNOW HE IS BRINGING THAT MERCEDES ALONG WITH HIM. YOU KNOW HE IS GOING TO PARTY DOWN IN SOUTH BEACH. YOU STILL CANT CHANGE THE SPOTS ON THE LEOPARD.

AND THEN THE CONTRACT ISSUE....HE WILL WANT A NEW CONTRACT AFTER 1 SEASON..PREDICTABLY.

LIKE I SAID...HE IS A VERY TALENTED...AND I STILL WANT HIM HERE. HOPEFULLY...THE ODDS OF THE REWARD...WILL BE GREATER THAN THE RISK.

SPIELMAN SHOULD JUST STAND STILL NOW...AND TELL MUELLER TO GET BACK TO HIM..IF HE WANTS TO MAKE THE DEAL.... AND THATS THE DEAL THE DOLPHINS WILL DO.....THE KEY IS TO GET THE SAINTS SECOND ROUND PICK. DCH

Good Thought But...

I like the way you're thinking, however, there's really nothing to this incident. Having arrested people for similar things in the past, I can tell you that what this amounts to is an overblown speeding ticket. It's highly unlikey that this will have any effect on Williams' status as a player one way or the other. In fact, it is unlikely that any more will be heard about this beyond tomorrow.

If this were a DUI or some other more serious charge then I would be agreeing with you wholeheartedly, however, this really is nothing and isn't going to hurt Williams' too much or help the 'Fins in negotiations.

Let's just hope Spiel and Wanny jump on this guy now before Butch gets ahold of him.:eek:

I would have to disagre. Yes if you or me or anyone w/a good past get said ticket no big deal, but RW has done nothing but piss off the city of New Orleans. It is just another in a long list of distractions he has added to the Saints.

On the trade of picks...

...apparently we plan to have 2 picks this year in the first 3 rounds according to Rick Spielman so the picks traded look like being at least partially deferred to next season. (Ref: the articles linked on the Finheaven front page).

I take that as meaning trade round 1, and next years' 2 &| 3 for RW and NO's second this year.

I just hope the Browns offer is not more attractive to the Saints.They're offering there No 1 which is at 17 and there second round pick.That certainly is better than what Miami is offering.Its all up too finger crossing now if we get him.

Good

I hope the Browns get him. I don't like him, much rather see Fred Taylor here, his time has come for a healthy season

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I liked Ricky in college a little, so I want him to be a Dolphin. His dreadlocks are cool.
If we can get Edge or Ricky or Ziggy Marley as our new starting HB to go with Dyer as the new starting FB, we can have a dread-ful backfield. :goof:

Think Konrad can grow locks ? :lol:

This incident with Williams has no bearing on his trade status, but the Saints are trying to recoup some of the cost that Ditka blew to get R-Williams. I am very glad that Wannstedt and Spielman are sticking to the plan (getting at least one draft pick on the first day of the draft) and not folding to fan and media scrutiny on getting R-W at any cost !!!! Marino1983

Taylor will never be healthy, and he has questions about his work ethics.

Back
Top Bottom