Williams vs. Edwards...no brainer!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams vs. Edwards...no brainer!!

DolphanD said:
This could be posturing by Saban to get a team enamoured with Braylon to trade up ofcourse. Same with Alex Smith.

You could be right. I think Saban will play all angles to get an advantage (a la Bellicheck) a lost art these days. But a lot of people are now enamoured with Alex Smith. Leadership, arm, decision making are all there. Only question was ability to work from center (he did almost all shotgun in college). But he removed doubts about that during great workouts.

unifiedtheory said:
...and Roy Williams is better then either of them.
roy is good but hes no mike williams, williams is the second coming :allhail:

my only queston with Williams is how long it takes to shake the rust off. He can be in shape but Edwards is in Football shape with no rust. Willaims may turn out to be awesome but will it come in his 1st year? I just think Edwards has the better chance to be great sooner. All things being equal I'd take Edwards over Williams.

wow ! the light bub in my head just came on and this might save us some money .

if we draft mike williams or cadilac williams that person could wear jersey no 34 and classic characters such as myself would save money by keeping the old williams jersey. man I must give it up to myself here , you guys can start erecting a statue in my honor but please make it out of aluiminum that way if things go wrong my statue could be recycled and help the environment .

man how many ways can i really save a dolphinfan some money and i am not even charging a fee .
:couch2:

mercury 40 said:
wow ! the light bub in my head just came on and this might save us some money .

if we draft mike williams or cadilac williams that person could wear jersey no 34 and classic characters such as myself would save money by keeping the old williams jersey. man I must give it up to myself here , you guys can start erecting a statue in my honor but please make it out of aluiminum that way if things go wrong my statue could be recycled and help the environment .

man how many ways can i really save a dolphinfan some money and i am not even charging a fee .
:couch2:

Only problem is, you are not the first to mention it on the website.....nice try though!!:lol:

If we do take Williams, I think it`s important to get him signed early, so that he`s here as soon as possible, in order to get back into some sort of football shape. Gotta figure he`s rusty after sitting out a year. He and Edwards would both be fine with me, some have questioned Braylons work habit at times, and he drops more balls than Mike, but he`s got tons of talent. If either one of them ends up here....I`m happy.

You know I have seen virtually nothing from Edwards except that Saban is excited. I have seen a lot of great plays from Williams and he was the second best WR in college last year to Fitzgerald IMO. So, I don't see Williams being worse than he was last year. I don't know why others aren't talking about Williams. His size and hands are great. With that said we may only need a speed guy since we have hands and possesion guys. If we picked a WR and we pick Williams I would have no problem with it. But I like R. Brown and think we need a back. Good thread.

One4theThumb said:
roy is good but hes no mike williams, williams is the second coming :allhail:

Prior to his ineligibility, Mike was rated higher than Roy. But I think we all know that. But Roy has done well in the NFL so, lets not take anything away from a proven guy.

Braylon has just as much talent as Mike Williams, Williams has 2 inches on Edwards, but Edwards has more speed. Everything else is about equal

Back
Top Bottom