Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor)

unluckyluciano said:
How many teams have good farm systems anymore?

a lot!!

But how do you want it to be a bigger part of baseball? ALL players come through the farm system. Your sentence makes no sense.

like2god said:
:tantrum: :fire: :tantrum:

:wink:

That is another misconception about the Yankees. They have alot of their own players (Jeter, Posada, Williams, Cano, Rivera, Wang, Cabrera). Yes they do seem to pick up a big ticket free agent every year, but again if they can....more power to them.

From what I read most farm systems have hit the skids........why everyone was so shocked about last years braves team. They were able to pull up players and win.

MikeO said:
Your right, something else to remember.....

BOTTOM LINE..........when the Yanks have a $200 mill payroll, and don't win a World Series, you WON"T GET A SALARY CAP!!!!!! They are proving you can't buy a championship! A salary cap wouldn't hurt them obviously since they aren't winning every year without one! :shakeno:

IF you want a Salary Cap, root for the Yanks to win like 5 or 6 world series in a row, then you will see the other teams ban together to stop the lunacy. When the Yanks spend money and DON'T win the World Series..............YOU WON"T EVER GET A CAP!! Especially with revenue sharing which means they Yanks just spent $200 mill, didn't win, now must pay big money to other owners. Why would any other owner want that to end????? Seriously people get your heads out of the sand and live in reality!

:yes:

Exactly

Guys guys guys if it wasnt for my team the cincinnati reds there wouldnt be the marloins the yankees or the red sox.

unluckyluciano said:
From what I read most farm systems have hit the skids........why everyone was so shocked about last years braves team. They were able to pull up players and win.

Arizona and Mill have outstanding AAA clubs. Boston had a bunch of young guys but most are up in the bigs now for them or someone else, Atlanta has a great farm system. Philly has a strong system. As did the Mets but most of their guys are up now too. Tampa as well.

Farm systems are never weak. These current superstars are coming from somewhere :shakeno:

MikeO said:
a lot!!

But how do you want it to be a bigger part of baseball? ALL players come through the farm system. Your sentence makes no sense.
But not all teams have a farm system they can rely on.

MikeO said:
Arizona and Mill have outstanding AAA clubs. Boston had a bunch of young guys but most are up in the bigs now for them or someone else, Atlanta has a great farm system. Philly has a strong system. As did the Mets but most of their guys are up now too. Tampa as well.

Farm systems are never weak. These current superstars are coming from somewhere :shakeno:

Your stating the obvious .

And you just named 7 teams out of how many?

unluckyluciano said:
But not all teams have a farm system they can rely on.

So? Your point? Tha's life!

Teams view farm systems differently. Some look at them for guys to bring up and play. Others look at them as trade bait to bring in established guys. While others look to train guys to fit their style of baseball (Atlanta).

unluckyluciano said:

I think the reason farm systems seem to be thinning out is because teams are rushing their players to the majors too fast and alot of teams (Yankees) trade away all of their good prospects for established players.

unluckyluciano said:
Your stating the obvious .

And you just named 7 teams out of how many?

I gave 7 off hte top of my head:shakeno: :shakeno: , I could go on forever

Perfect23 said:
Guys guys guys if it wasnt for my team the cincinnati reds there wouldnt be the marloins the yankees or the red sox.

:tantrum:

How dare you

:lol:

MikeO said:
So? Your point? Tha's life!

Teams view farm systems differently. Some look at them for guys to bring up and play. Others look at them as trade bait to bring in established guys. While others look to train guys to fit their style of baseball (Atlanta).

Why I said I wish the farm system would become a bigger part of baseball, i.e. teams rely more heavily on their AAA, AA , A teams for talent.

Back
Top Bottom