Wimbledon threatens crack-down on cleavage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wimbledon threatens crack-down on cleavage

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Miss Sharapova, consider yourself warned. Wimbledon's fashion police are on high alert, and are threatening to ban players from the storied grass courts of the The All England Lawn Tennis Club for wearing outfits deemed too revealing.

Wimbledon officials have reportedly cautioned competitors that they need to comply with the tournament's strict and conservative dress code, or risk being disqualified.

According to a report in the London Times, the 2006 Wimbledon players' guide includes these new words of warning: "Any competitor who appears on court dressed in a manner which is deemed unsuitable by the committee will be liable to be defaulted."

The caution is no doubt an attempt to reinforce Wimbledon's long-standing policy of insisting players wear almost exclusively white attire. But it is also believed to be directed at players such as Sharapova, Tatiana Golovin and Maria Kirilenko, whose tastes tend to lean toward more low-cut and revealing outfits than those traditionally seen at Wimbledon.

The extra-long "pirate" shorts often worn by Spaniard Rafael Nadal, though not traditional, are apparently fit for use, provided they're white.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5732736?FSO1&ATT=HMA

This is a travesty. Anyone telling Sharapova to put more clothes on should be shot on sight. Sharapova, I speak for all Americans when I say you can play the US Open in whatever outfit you want. :)

LOL what a bunch of prudes. OMG, but when they wear skirts their panties still show.

The 15 people who watch women's tennis are about to change the channel. Though I think this thread needs pictures so we can see what the fuss is about :)

DonShula84 said:
The 15 people who watch women's tennis are about to change the channel. Though I think this thread needs pictures so we can see what the fuss is about :)

15 people? Women's tennis is extremelypopular. moreso than men's

Slappy8800 said:

yes and has become increasingly popular as the outfits are shrinking. Id really like to see Wimbeldon disqualify someone for this. How much would you bet that it would be the 125th seed in the world and not Sharapova?

Slappy8800 said:

Being more popular then men's tennis does not make it extremely popular. Id like to see the ratings for a women's tennis event, but I'd imagine it wouldn't scream extremely popular sporting event. And 15 was obviously a joke.

DonShula84 said:
Being more popular then men's tennis does not make it extremely popular. Id like to see the ratings for a women's tennis event, but I'd imagine it wouldn't scream extremely popular sporting event. And 15 was obviously a joke.

I took it seriously...

:tongue:

I will be glad to check all the players to see if to much cleavage is showing, I will stick my nose in there and get the job done!!

If it is Sharapova, Hingis or Kornikova they can wear whatever they want, but if it is Davenport or the Williams sisters please cover up. :lol:

Boik14 said:
LOL what a bunch of prudes.

Having visited the fair country a few times, I'd say it's more about tradition than prudishness. Sometimes it's difficult for a "newer" country to embrace the fervor of tradition and its preservation.
~~Holli

only reason i watch girl tennis is ruined now. damn you english prudes!

The little respect I had for Tennis is now gone. :nono:

Back
Top Bottom