• Manny Lawson

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Kamerion Wimbley

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

miadfins

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think these two player are really similar. both are fast undersized DE that are projected as olbs. i like lawson alittle more because he more athletic, taller, and i believe plays the run somewhat better. wimbly does have some more bulk for his height and didnt play with mario williams. but i have seen more mock drafts with wimbley going early than lawson, so who would you take first.

it's complicated, both are very good players, but i like the athletics and speed of Lawson. But the great heart and perseverance of Wimbley is good too.

miadfins said:
I think these two player are really similar. both are fast undersized DE that are projected as olbs. i like lawson alittle more because he more athletic, taller, and i believe plays the run somewhat better. wimbly does have some more bulk for his height and didnt play with mario williams. but i have seen more mock drafts with wimbley going early than lawson, so who would you take first.
I think it really depends on what you are looking for in a DE/OLB hybrid. Wimbley is more physical and better against the run while Lawson is definitely the faster and more athletic. Lawson played OLB before his junior year at NC State so he does have some experience there. Wimbley, when he uses proper technique, is difficult to get around in the running game. Both have tremendous upside and it really depends on what style of defense you are trying to run.

Lawson...a Jason Taylor type
Wimbley...a Jerry Porter type

Geforce said:

Sweet...so we can send him on fade routes on 2 & 1. J/k buddy...I think you meant Joey Porter.

kpcane said:
Sweet...so we can send him on fade routes on 2 & 1. J/k buddy...I think you meant Joey Porter.

Yeah...him. Thx for the correction.

as a FSU fan, i cant understand how anyone believes wimbley is a 1st round pick at all. much less at our pick. i MIGHT pick him in the 2nd based on athleticism, but other than that, why yall in love with him all the sudden?

im willing to bet come draft time he isnt drafted in the first.

Geforce said:
dont see him nearly as physical as joey porter. i see him depending on his speed too much and not that great as a tackler.

Nappy Roots said:
as a FSU fan, i cant understand how anyone believes wimbley is a 1st round pick at all. much less at our pick. i MIGHT pick him in the 2nd based on athleticism, but other than that, why yall in love with him all the sudden?

im willing to bet come draft time he isnt drafted in the first.
Are you reading the thread correctly? It said who would you take first not who you would take IN the first.

Geforce said:
Are you reading the thread correctly? It said who would you take first not who you would take IN the first.

are you reading everything else correctly? all the "experts", including Mel Kiper, and most the people on this site have BOTH of them going in the first....

Nappy Roots said:
are you reading everything else correctly? all the "experts", including Mel Kiper, and most the people on this site have BOTH of them going in the first....
I'm only talking about this thread, not what others say. The original poster asked who do you prefer and who would you take first. You can read more into it if you want but I won't.

Geforce said:
I'm only talking about this thread, not what others say. The original poster asked who do you prefer and who would you take first. You can read more into it if you want but I won't.

never asked you to. and i never asked why the thread starter thought wimbley was a first rounder. i was giving my unbiased, watched every game of his, opinion on a prospect in question. nice try though :rolleyes2

Nappy Roots said:
never asked you to. and i never asked why the thread starter thought wimbley was a first rounder. i was giving my unbiased, watched every game of his, opinion on a prospect in question. nice try though :rolleyes2
Nice try though??? Whatever.

I agree with ya Nappy....No matter where ya live usually a FSU game is on and I honestly didnt hear to much about him till the combine.

And I am a AVID football guy....The comparisons arent even close.

Great question. I like them both, but I really think Lawson has more elite ability to change the game. Wimbley looks stronger and is farther ahead I think. Also a high character guy. Wouldn't mind either and will be interesting to see how they compare a few years down the road.

Back
Top Bottom