Win/Lose and the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win/Lose and the Draft

zachblitz54

Juck the Fets
Reaction score
First let me say that I have NEVER hoped for this team to lose a game. But, the difference between winning and losing vs. the Colts could be huge in terms of our draft pick next April.

If we win, we will be 7 - 9. There will be seven teams with more than 9 loses picking ahead of us. Right now, there are an additional nine teams that could end up tied with us at 7 - 9. Now, I am not figuring in the tie-breakers, but, worst case, it looks like we could end up picking 16/17.

With a lose, we end up 6 - 10. There are only four teams guaranteed to lose more than 10 games. A 6 - 10 team could end up picking 5th.

Again, I will be rooting hard for a win vs. the Colts, but there could be a silver lining if we lose.

I don't think we have to worry about it because I don't think we will beat the Colts in Indy. The Colts have to win to at least secure the #3 seed. So I see them playing all out to win the game. Plus, they will be very motivated after losing to the Texans on Sunday. They don't want to go to the playoffs losing two games in a row.

With the game plan that we will put together on offense, we will lose. We will probably throw 70% of the time, instead of running it against there very feeble run defense.

I don't think we have to worry about it because I don't think we will beat the Colts in Indy. The Colts have to win to at least secure the #3 seed. So I see them playing all out to win the game. Plus, they will be very motivated after losing to the Texans on Sunday. They don't want to go to the playoffs losing two games in a row.

Hey if we can beat the BEARS in Chicago, we can beat the colts in Indy. Hell, they dam near lost to Houston twice (or did they)

Also their receving corps will put on a show against our sorry secondary, and will show our WRs how true Wrs play in the NFL. Do we even have a solid #2 Wr on this football team?

First let me say that I have NEVER hoped for this team to lose a game. But, the difference between winning and losing vs. the Colts could be huge in terms of our draft pick next April.

If we win, we will be 7 - 9. There will be seven teams with more than 9 loses picking ahead of us. Right now, there are an additional nine teams that could end up tied with us at 7 - 9. Now, I am not figuring in the tie-breakers, but, worst case, it looks like we could end up picking 16/17.

With a lose, we end up 6 - 10. There are only four teams guaranteed to lose more than 10 games. A 6 - 10 team could end up picking 5th.

Again, I will be rooting hard for a win vs. the Colts, but there could be a silver lining if we lose.

lets draft russell. if he's there when we pick. we need to look towards the future...can't go into next season once again assuming daunte will be healthy...

actually, if anything, having daunte unable to play has been a blessing in disguise...now we KNOW joey is not the guy...

time to develop the next griese/marino...

Hey if we can beat the BEARS in Chicago, we can beat the colts in Indy. Hell, they dam near lost to Houston twice (or did they)

No, they beat Houston at home the first time, but not by a whole lot. It would be typical Miami to pull off this win though and screw up their draft position. Go from like #6 to #16 or something. I see a lot of teams finishing at 7-9.

I dont want them to lose but a loss would do us well as well as far as teh draft.

I want a win.. Start Cleo and run the football.. Keep Peyton on the side line. Their run defense sucks and Brown should have a big day.

I want a win.. Start Cleo and run the football.. Keep Peyton on the side line. Their run defense sucks and Brown should have a big day.

The JET'S run defense sucked too but did we take advantage of it with
Ronnie Brown....NO WE DIDN'T

Should we run Ronnie 30-40 times against a turd of a running defense?
YES WE SHOULD BUT IS THERE ANYTHING IN THIS COACHING STAFF
THAT SAYS WE WILL DO THE RIGHT THING...NO, IF HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

If we do not run the indy defense silly then you have it
SIGNED,SEALED, AND DELIVERED THAT OUR COACHING STAFF
NEEDS TO GO!!!!

:lol:

I'm not worried bout us winning. If we win it'll be great to beat the Colts, if we lose our draft pick improves.

Also their receving corps will put on a show against our sorry secondary, and will show our WRs how true Wrs play in the NFL. Do we even have a solid #2 Wr on this football team?

Do We have a Solid # 1 on this team?

i dont think indy has anything to worry about our secondary is pathetic and our offense is even worst. i'm just looking forward to draft and free agency.

Back
Top Bottom