Winky vs Hopkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winky vs Hopkins

clear.gif

Nice shot. Glad he won. Was the fight any good?

it went as expected. ugly fight. lot of holding. hopkins fought dirty. winky did a lot of complaining. winky was doing good but the weight hurt him. he faded down the stretch.

the undercard was great though. linares and katsidis stole the show.

Katsidis looks like he does not even know where he is at or why this guy has his hands on his face

Winky's cut was from a headbutt, it should be noted

Winky's cut was from a headbutt, it should be noted

Accidental or intentional? I didnt see the fight, but Winky was complaining after the fight that Hopkins repeatedly head butted him on purpose, while Hopkins said they were all accidental.

Accidental or intentional? I didnt see the fight, but Winky was complaining after the fight that Hopkins repeatedly head butted him on purpose, while Hopkins said they were all accidental.
It's hard to say with head butts, the one that cut him could have very well been intentional.

I was really surprised by the decision.

Granted, it was a tough fight to score because most of the rounds were so close. But 9-3, 9-3 and 8-4?? Cmon.

The head butt came in the 3rd. Don't know if it was intentional, but Max Kellerman said Hopkins was grinning as he walked to his corner (while the ref tended to Wright). And I saw Hopkins rubbing his head on it in clinches throughout the right.

Hopkins definitely won the later rounds, as usual. But I had Winky winning the early ones. Wasn't able to keep a scorecard. I don't know what Harold Lederman's final card was, but he had Wright winning past the halfway point. I thought it would be a draw. Maybe a split decision. I was shocked that the judges had it so lopsided.

Lederman had it a draw but he is completely biased against X. I had Hopkins 8-4. I didn't really think it was too close. Winky didn't really land a solid punch in the whole fight

Back
Top Bottom