Winning Meaningless Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning Meaningless Games

NMB Fin

Active Roster
Reaction score
This has basically been our trend for the past decade. not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a high draft pick. When we have gotten the high draft pick (or trade up for one) we blow it on the likes of Fat, Sloppy, injury prone Jake Long, or Dion Jordan, Ted Ginn jr, or Ryan Tannehill.
As a result of this, we are always on the outside looking in as other teams have a shot to select a player that plays the one position that can turn your franchise around in a season. Are those late season, meaningless wins worth us missing out on a possible franchise QB time and time again?

I will never cheer for my team to lose . You can lose a locker room awfully fast by not trying to win. It's a culture thing to me
I hear your point but have we had a tight locker room over the past decade in a half? or have we had to cut or trade most of our significant player. There is a humane way to tank and actually be productive. play young players, let them develop as we position ourselves for high draft pics that can actually help this franchise. Not project, "high upside" D-ends or fat o lineman to block for mediocre at best QB's

Apparently the locker room was already lost, hence the purge. 4-12 would have put us in a better position with no other repercussions this past year.....

That pats game was pretty amazing last year, not sure where Mia would be drafting if they lost it but yeah I'm okay dropping 3 spots in the draft to beat new England.

The energy in the building that night was incredible, despite the 50/50 crowd.

I will never cheer for my team to lose . You can lose a locker room awfully fast by not trying to win. It's a culture thing to me
I really wanted us to pull out that comeback against the bills in week 17. I can't root against them as a fan.

Not anything fans can do to change that reality so it’s moot.
This! Why do people act like fans rooting for the team to lose will make them lose. We can all root for the fins to win until we’re blue in the face, if they suck they will lose. Fans have no control over this super smart idea. May as well just root for the team.

Apparently, according to all of the local and not-so-local media, we already had a bad locker room and bad culture.

That is an astounding stat.
this does nothing to prove any point. just means cleveland has always drafted poorly. as have we. we are in a vicious cycle, or have been for 15 years. BS quarterbacks, no playoffs, low draft pics. How much longer do you need to see other QBs hit it big in the draft with a franchise changing QB while we march, Tannehill, Cutler, Henne, Culpepper and anyone else you want to throw out there. Retarded front office

Back
Top Bottom