Wish List for April | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wish List for April

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
What do you hope happens the rest of the month?

My wish list for the first evening of the NFL draft:

We are on the clock with CJ Spiller still on the board. We announce that we have traded Ronnie Brown for a second round pick from somebody in need of a RB (San Diego? Hey, if they gave us a second for Chambers then why not Brown?), and immediately trade that second round pick to the Denver Broncos for Brandon Marshall (WR) (San Diego's 40th Overall Pick > Seattle's 60th Overall Pick). With the twelth overall pick in the draft, we select RB CJ Spiller of Clemson.

End result: We add two dynamic weapons for Henne including a legitimate number one guy at WR who just turned 26 and a 22-year-old, explosive running back to replace soon-to-be-29 (and injury-prone) Ronnie Brown. Sorry, but Ronnie never developed into our franchise back and he is much closer to 30 than 25. Plus, the guy is always injured. Time to part ways while we can still get something for him. Spiller could be the next Chris Johnson, and he'll have Ricky showing him the ropes for a season or two. Somehow beef up Pat White and hope that he can take over the role of "Wildback," which was obviously the plan when we invested a second round pick in him last year (for better or worse). Otherwise, scrap the Wild Cat or use it infrequently with Ricky at the helm. Or who knows...perhaps Spiller can take over that role?

My wish list for the second evening of the NFL draft:

- 43. Terrence Cody (NT - Alabama)
- 73. Nate Allen (FS - South Florida)
- Re-sign Jason Taylor (OLB)

End result: We fill our holes at NT and FS with guys who can hopefully blossom into solid starters ASAP. We bring back Jason Taylor, ending the drama and solidifying OLB with Taylor providing relief for Wake and Dansby.

My wish list for the final day of the NFL draft:

- 110. OLB
- 173. OG
- 174. TE
- 179. ILB
- 212. OLB
- 219. OG
- 252. RB

End result: Add some depth and potential. Hope that at least half the picks end up staying on the team longer than three years. In fact, hope that one more or more picks blossom into starters down the road. Other than 110, they're late picks...what more can we expect at this point?

That would be a action packed 1st round selection if it came to past. Ole Mel and the rest of the talking heads will be crapping all over themselves over that block buster trade and selection......

Could it happen.... slim chance but stranger things have happened.

You can't possibly ignore drafting a OLB/DE in this class. That would be a huge mistake.

I'd love Spiller and Marshall on the Phins...that would give us so many scoring threats. My only concern with Mount Cody is his weight...I'd risk a 3rd rounder on him but not a 2nd. If we get an extra 2nd rounder in a trade down I would probably use the late 2nd rounder on Cam Thomas. We need a FS, NT and another LB so I think we just make a wish list and go with the BPA at his position when we pick.

Looks like I need to happily edit my wish list :)

My wish list for the first evening of the NFL draft:

- Draft Spiller
- Trade Brown for a second or third-round pick

If we're unable to move Brown, then I'd like to see us trade down in the first round. If we're unable to move down, then I'd like to see us draft the best available player that plays a position of need: NT, FS, OLB or OG.

My wish list for the second evening of the NFL draft:

- Draft the top available NT with the pick acquired for Brown
- 73. Nate Allen (FS - South Florida)
- Re-sign Jason Taylor (OLB)

End result: We fill our holes at NT and FS with guys who can hopefully blossom into solid starters ASAP. We bring back Jason Taylor, ending the drama.

My wish list for the final day of the NFL draft:

List is unchanged assuming we draft a FS and NT. If we draft a NT and OLB, draft the best available FS. If we draft an OLB and FS, draft the best available NT.

Bottom-line: We need to use our top three of four picks (if we trade Brown and draft Spiller) on NT, FS and OLB.

You can't possibly ignore drafting a OLB/DE in this class. That would be a huge mistake.

Who's to say we won't find a solid OLB in the fourth round? Lots of depth. Besides, securing a NT is more important than OLB...some may argue that FS is a bigger need than OLB, too, especially if we re-sign Taylor for a season or two...

Back
Top Bottom