With an improved Defense. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With an improved Defense.

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Reaction score
With the upgrades done on defense and what I believe will be better schemes on O and OL blocking along with a big time RB, I think the dolphins will be in the 9-7/11-5 range this year. If they were in the NFC I would say they would go 12-4.

The dolphins defense fell apart last year because of injuries. Plain and simple. This is a talented squad that had some serious talent added to it. Only one key loss in surtain.

The offense will do much better with a solid running game supporting the QBs efforts. McMicheal and Chambers are the real deal. I see three pro bowl talented players at the skill spots in Chambers, Brown and McMichael. If boston comes back and plays like he did when he first got into the league, this offense would be sick. Houck is a great OL coach and has some good talent to work with in Carey and J. James (who played great with the panthers..what happened last year???)

I have high hopes for this season. I like what I see so far.

I think our front will be dominant. Our secondary isn't quite as strong as it was, but it isn't what I'd consider weak either. I would take our secondary over Carolina's and they are considered a tough D. Why? Mainly because of their ability to get pressure on the QB. I think our defensive line will rival Carolina's line this season. Maybe not AS good - but close.

shellgh0st said:
With the upgrades done on defense and what I believe will be better schemes on O and OL blocking along with a big time RB, I think the dolphins will be in the 9-7/11-5 range this year. If they were in the NFC I would say they would go 12-4.

The dolphins defense fell apart last year because of injuries. Plain and simple. This is a talented squad that had some serious talent added to it. Only one key loss in surtain.

The offense will do much better with a solid running game supporting the QBs efforts. McMicheal and Chambers are the real deal. I see three pro bowl talented players at the skill spots in Chambers, Brown and McMichael. If boston comes back and plays like he did when he first got into the league, this offense would be sick. Houck is a great OL coach and has some good talent to work with in Carey and J. James (who played great with the panthers..what happened last year???)

I have high hopes for this season. I like what I see so far.

YAY SOMEONE WHO IS OPTOMISTIC, instead of saying they hope A.J. Feely sucks. I agree with you, that if we were in the NFC, than we could easily by 12-4, and I believe we can be 9-7 11-5, but again, it rests on A.J. Feely to get us there.

Whitedolphin54 said:
i think our secondary might struggle unless the new look front 7 can get to the QB quickly

Thats exactly what we need! if we get that we will get INTs all over the place and sacks

I dont see how our secondary will be that much worse.. we still have the same FS hole as last year..

Jones may not be a ballhawk like Knight but he is still a very good SS, Madison is Madison and now Howard can be the starter on the other side where he can prove that he was worth the money we spent on him..

I think they are slightly worse but not by much, not to mention our front seven is WAY improved from last years group

Back
Top Bottom