With Covid Outbreak Should NFL Put Playoff Teams In Bubble? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Covid Outbreak Should NFL Put Playoff Teams In Bubble?

Fin-Loco

2024/2025 NFL Superbowl Champions!!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So not trying to go political here. But, if the NFL is going to continue to not allow negative testing players to be on game day rosters, should they contemplate putting playoffs or even current playoff teams and teams still in the hunt before playoffs in a bubble until the season is over? For us, we somewhat dodged a bullet with it only being 4 players. But, next week it could be Tua and Waddle and Ogbah and X on the list ( I just picked top performers). So, knowing we're a couple key failed tests from having Brisket out there, what would be the best plan? I don't see the NFL lightning their protocols.

I think the bubble times are over and done with.... but i think the NFL just needs to stick to the rules they set whatever they are.

If the Browns for example can't dress a full allotment of players, they either forfeit or do their best.... sucks but I don't want to see games getting moved from Saturday to Tuesday especially if they involve playoff teams.

I think the bubble times are over and done with.... but i think the NFL just needs to stick to the rules they set whatever they are.

If the Browns for example can't dress a full allotment of players, they either forfeit or do their best.... sucks but I don't want to see games getting moved from Saturday to Tuesday especially if they involve playoff teams.
Forfeit is only if those players are not vaccinated.

Ok. What happens when it's our team?

I disagree. Putting players in a bubble over a virus with an incredibly low mortality rate for the NFL's demographic isn't serious.

Look, I hate coming off so harsh but even with 34 positive tests this week it's only 2% of the league. No big deal
I struggle to understand how potentially losing games because of players being removed from active rosters isn't considered serious. You do understand that we lose one friggin game and we can't make the playoffs right? What do you do for a living, juggle chainsaws and dynamite?

Players are hitting the COVID list left and right.
Exactly the point I'm making. Last week it was what, 20? Now it's 75? What happens next week? I don't give a rat's @ss about covid but I do care about us being able to field the best team possible and making the playoffs.

I struggle to understand how potentially losing games because of players being removed from active rosters isn't considered serious. You do understand that we lose one friggin game and we can't make the playoffs right? What do you do for a living, juggle chainsaws and dynamite?
2% of players. That was it and that's the highest single day number yet. 1 was already confirmed a false positive. No game will be cancelled over 2% of players.

So no, we aren't potentially losing games here

Back
Top Bottom