With Expections This Year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Expections This Year...

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
being dismal from most outsiders and many within the fanbase, it is guys like Preston Williams and hopefully others who will make this season exciting to watch. Sure there is a high probability that we will be one of the worse teams, but their is hope:

• Preston Williams
  • Josh Rosen
  • Ballage
  • 2nd year guys taking that next step
  • New Defense with intriguing formations
  • Baker Other LB's
  • Godchaux
  • Vincent Taylor
  • Christian Wilkins
  • X
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick
It will be a fun season to watch. Football is back:hclap:

This is where I am too. Really paying more attention to development than anything.

I can't wait to see some live action although I expect the PS to be limited in the types of packages they run. I want to get a look at how all the new faces will be used in different defensive packages.

A lot of new faces that should get plenty of looks in a variety of roles. I think we will see lots of substitutions and it will vary by match-ups and opponents.

Jonathan Ledbetter
Tank Carradine
DeWayne Hendrix
Sam Eguavoen
Andrew Van Ginkel
Terrill Hanks

I think Woodard has missed some time so I wonder if Ledbetter may replace him or if Hendrix can beat out Orchard.

I expect certain players will barely leave the field like Minkah, Baker, Howard & the other outside corner if we can settle on one. I'm thinking they might try to disguise some coverage looks with McCain and Minkah switching off between FS and nickel corner (just guessing). I think Minkah will also play SS with McCain at FS in base.

TJ, Jones & Minkah also getting looks at LB

Defensive interior rotation with Wilkins and Godchaux as the top 2 snap getters. Rotating with Taylor and whoever wins the battle between Spence and Washington. (Been hearing Washington has looked good). I suppose they could keep 5 but it may be hard to do with that LB group growing.

1 LB look with Baker
2 LB look with Baker and Eguavoen
3 LB look with Baker, Equavoen/McMillan and Alonso

Then we have Van Ginkel mixing in wherever....

Heard Hartage has been working at 2nd team FS

Lots to learn.

High level, my expectations are a tough, physical, fundamentally sound, smart football team that lacks the big time talent to compete for the playoffs. I expect schematically sound game plans as well. Basically I want to watch a team that makes you beat them physically and doesn't gift away games due to mental mistakes. This will make us a handful for teams with the same or slightly better talent but we'll probably get our asses handed to us by the big boys.

I can't wait to see some live action although I expect the PS to be limited in the types of packages they run. I want to get a look at how all the new faces will be used in different defensive packages.

A lot of new faces that should get plenty of looks in a variety of roles. I think we will see lots of substitutions and it will vary by match-ups and opponents.

Jonathan Ledbetter
Tank Carradine
DeWayne Hendrix
Sam Eguavoen
Andrew Van Ginkel
Terrill Hanks

I think Woodard has missed some time so I wonder if Ledbetter may replace him or if Hendrix can beat out Orchard.

I expect certain players will barely leave the field like Minkah, Baker, Howard & the other outside corner if we can settle on one. I'm thinking they might try to disguise some coverage looks with McCain and Minkah switching off between FS and nickel corner (just guessing). I think Minkah will also play SS with McCain at FS in base.

Defensive interior rotation with Wilkins and Godchaux as the top 2 snap getters. Rotating with Taylor and whoever wins the battle between Spence and Washington. (Been hearing Washington has looked good). I suppose they could keep 5 but it may be hard to do with that LB group growing.

1 LB look with Baker

Lots to learn.

I think you're right, in that we will do a lot of situational substitution, but i don't think Flores will tip his hand as far as disguised coverages etc.

Generally the first two preseason games are about figuring out who gets cut to eventually get down to 53.

For the past few years, the Dolphins are expected to be last or close to it, I always thought they were better than what "experts" expected.

Except this year, I can't see them winning more than 3 or 4. Hope I'm wrong.

Jonathan Ledbetter
Tank Carradine
DeWayne Hendrix
Sam Eguavoen
Andrew Van Ginkel
Terrill Hanks

1 LB look with Baker

Lots to learn.

Agree, except I don't expect Flo to give away much in schemes

Back
Top Bottom