With Flores At The Helm... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Flores At The Helm...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...will we (if success comes our way) give New England a harder battle sooner rather than later? What do you think?

In games against them, I believe we have done far better than most.

In terms of winning the division?

Not sure what sooner, rather than later means to you, but I think 2021 is realistic.

the east belongs to NE till it doesn't. People have been telling us that they're done for the last 5 years. We need to worry about our team and getting better instead of hoping the pats get worse.
Exactly! You have to build the team capable of beating them. You wont ever do that being jealous and waiting for them to fall. Have to make them fall.

Even if we were trying to win now, I don't see us generating enough wins to challenge New England in a season where we are dramatically overhauling every scheme on the team. Given the signals that we may be tanking … I think it's safe to assume we will not be a division contender in 2019.

I think people need to temper their expections regarding Flores. I think the hatred for the past coaching staff has caused people to think this staff can solve all the problems. Let me say this. No other team in our division or in the league has had as much success against the pats as Miami has recently. I know it’s only at home. But still impressive.

Second , nothing will change without a qb. Flores will be gone if this regime doesn’t get a great qb in three years. The whole regime will be gone. I wouldn’t think of challenging the pats till we have a great young qb. Doesn’t matter if it is Flores or Vince Lombardi’s coaching Miami without a Great qb

Sooner would be 2021 later would be after the Flores Administration is finished. I have this feeling that Flores will be the breakthrough we have been waiting for and sooner is realistic. haven't felt that in many years.

Beating NE at home once a year is meaningless so far because we have had no ability to challenge them where it counts - in the division race.
To me, so far Flores is a rookie coach - and a long shot!

Its a bit of bitter pill to have NE gang be our best hope.

I will be fine if they are successful, but its a double whammy if they suck like all the rest!

I am spoiled - a football fan SNOB! Shula made me that way! Back then we owned them not the other way around. This is just so damn hard to stomach!

Well they do beat New England at once a year, It all comes down to coaching decisions, 3rd and 1 why would you pass? in New England it's a system that the players they select must be able to fit in, In Miami they select players that don't necessarily have roles, Sony Michel Vs RB we have is better because new England feature their player.

Well they do beat New England at once a year, It all comes down to coaching decisions, 3rd and 1 why would you pass? in New England it's a system that the players they select must be able to fit in, In Miami they select players that don't necessarily have roles, Sony Michel Vs RB we have is better because new England feature their player.
I don't think a guy like Sony is going to the HOF, but I guarantee he never sees the field in NE if he pass protects like our backs, not named Gore, did last year.

Just sayin

I predict that we see a rapid decline in Brady’s level of performance. He was already declining last season. The good thing for us is that Belichick was forced to trade Jimmy G.

Back
Top Bottom