with teh 16th pick, miami selects... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with teh 16th pick, miami selects...

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have come to a concluision guys.

With the 16th pick in the draft the miami dolphins select Manny Lawson.

why you ask? ill tell you why. JT is getting old and he has won us MANNY games himself or should i say put teh nail in the coffin many times and we dont have another ugy on Defense that can WIN us ag ame by himself. how many times has he had games where he has shut out the O out of rythem but getting 3 sacks or so safetys FFetc etc and lawson i believe can be the duplicate if not faster more athletic and starts fresh in teh genious's hands to bring in 2 hall of famers. We need the game breaker and he is the man.. one question tho. how is his rushing from a DE standpoint ala JT's?

I agree. In fact see my post down the list a bit. Lawson would be a great pick as Saban begins to build his type of defense. A player that seems to be dropping a bit is Kiwi, the big DE/OLB tweener from Boston College. He and Carpenter are other possibilities that could fit what Saban wants.

I like the Lawson pick, he could play D line or drop him back at LB in the 3-4. This makes since, but I really want a good QB in the draft. So If we take Lawson I sure hope we got a QB in mind in the next few rounds. I would rather draft more secondary gys for our D if we can, but I would love Lawson in the mix of our D.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I agree. In fact see my post down the list a bit. Lawson would be a great pick as Saban begins to build his type of defense. A player that seems to be dropping a bit is Kiwi, the big DE/OLB tweener from Boston College. He and Carpenter are other possibilities that could fit what Saban wants.

jwhat umean see my post down the list a bit?

SR 7 said:

why you ask? ill tell you why. JT is getting old and he has won us MANNY games himself or should i say put teh nail in the coffin many times and we dont have another ugy on Defense that can WIN us ag ame by himself. how many times has he had games where he has shut out the O out of rythem but getting 3 sacks or so safetys FFetc etc and lawson i believe can be the duplicate if not faster more athletic and starts fresh in teh genious's hands to bring in 2 hall of famers. We need the game breaker and he is the man.. one question tho. how is his rushing from a DE standpoint ala JT's?

It is not so much he is getting old...he has gotten banged up just like Zach. JT had a problem with his feet toward the end of the year which probably cost him a lot of sacks, but even when not 100% he is better than pretty much anyone else we have. I think JT is good for at least three more years. I just think our O-line and secondary has to come first, then a QB, then elsewhere.

overall I'd be happy with Lawson or Carpenter in the 1st if the main guys [Huff/Greenway/J.Williams/Cutler] are all gone, which they more than likely will be...

SR 7 said:

Nope I don't like this potential pick.:rolleyes2.
If we wanted a guy in this spot we would be much better off picking in either round 2 or 3 Chris Gocong from Cal Poly. Gocong got 19 sacks during the regular season in 2005. He also is heavier than Lawson(Gocong, a high school quarterback, played at 265 in 2005). Gocong's coach was the defensive coach at University of Arizona during the time that Teddy Bruschi was there. Bruschi also played defensive end during his college days.

If Huff and Cutler are gone by the time we pick I would like Antonio Cromartie.

playmaker1 said:
I like the Lawson pick, he could play D line or drop him back at LB in the 3-4. This makes since, but I really want a good QB in the draft. So If we take Lawson I sure hope we got a QB in mind in the next few rounds. I would rather draft more secondary gys for our D if we can, but I would love Lawson in the mix of our D.

JT already does this. His position is named Open End instead of DE. I think what Saban really wants is a true LB who tackles with authority and can cover and rush the passer. That is Greenway.

But what do I know?

Roman529 said:
It is not so much he is getting old...he has gotten banged up just like Zach. JT had a problem with his feet toward the end of the year which probably cost him a lot of sacks, but even when not 100% he is better than pretty much anyone else we have. I think JT is good for at least three more years. I just think our O-line and secondary has to come first, then a QB, then elsewhere.

I agree, I would like to see Winston Justice as our pick at 16. If I could, I would get Nick Mangold next. Then watch us take off. But noone likes OL. They are not what gets you to the big dance in a lot of peoples minds, but it is the one thing that ensures that not only do you go, but you win the super bowl with a great line. I just hope Saban remembers what he said a month or so ago about QB, OL, and younger Defense. We cannot neglect our OL.

SR 7 said:

I don't understand something here...if you're so convinsed that Lawson is so good, then why are you asking what kind of pass rusher he is? Don't get me wrong...I like what I've seen of him tho I don't think he'll be our pick at 16 but how can you like him so much if you don't even know what he can do?..:confused:

Ozzy rules!!

finfan54 said:
I agree, I would like to see Winston Justice as our pick at 16. If I could, I would get Nick Mangold next. Then watch us take off. But noone likes OL. They are not what gets you to the big dance in a lot of peoples minds, but it is the one thing that ensures that not only do you go, but you win the super bowl with a great line. I just hope Saban remembers what he said a month or so ago about QB, OL, and younger Defense. We cannot neglect our OL.

I totally agree with that. Everyone thinks that a Oline man in the 2nd and 3rd is just as good as someone in the first or that just because we have Houck he can make anyone that much better.

Skeet84 said:
I totally agree with that. Everyone thinks that a Oline man in the 2nd and 3rd is just as good as someone in the first or that just because we have Houck he can make anyone that much better.

exactly.

Danny said:
I don't understand something here...if you're so convinsed that Lawson is so good, then why are you asking what kind of pass rusher he is? Don't get me wrong...I like what I've seen of him tho I don't think he'll be our pick at 16 but how can you like him so much if you don't even know what he can do?..:confused:

Ozzy rules!!

some1 might know more then me. I do konw his off the line is amazinggg fast and just jumps on it so well but someone might have more info to give me and i'll learn more about him

Back
Top Bottom