With the #16 Pick the Dolphins select CB... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the #16 Pick the Dolphins select CB...

playmaker1 said:
I agree Arsenal. We do have alot of young guys at CB. But with all the injury problems we have had, I see Us at least using one of our draft picks to get another CB. I think there are alot of good CB in the draft, and alot of them would be upgrades over the guyswe have right now. I do agree it would be nice to add a vet of some sort to help mentor our young guys, but I do see us drafting someone. We gave up alot of big plays last year, and got burnt. We need someone who can step in and help out. I think we can get a guy like that in the first round

i mean yeah, its just an idea... i mean we just signed reynaldo hill and goodman, and we're still looking for one more it seems with will allen coming in for a visit... if we were to sign allen, that would be like 8 CBs on our roster, and i jus tdont think you sign all these guys if you also plan on drafting one...

i dont know though, maybe he just wants a lot of bodies to choose from... we'll see though

arsenal said:
i mean yeah, its just an idea... i mean we just signed reynaldo hill and goodman, and we're still looking for one more it seems with will allen coming in for a visit... if we were to sign allen, that would be like 8 CBs on our roster, and i jus tdont think you sign all these guys if you also plan on drafting one...

i dont know though, maybe he just wants a lot of bodies to choose from... we'll see though

One issue with the guys being brought in is that none of them fit the bill as a "shutdown" corner. I still feel we need that kind of talent. Cromartie might fit in that regard as, without his injury, he is a likely top five talent.

thepoolboy said:
One issue with the guys being brought in is that none of them fit the bill as a "shutdown" corner. I still feel we need that kind of talent. Cromartie might fit in that regard as, without his injury, he is a likely top five talent.

I totally agree

If Williams or Huff are available at 16 then they will be the pick. But thats highly unlikely. So I think the Phins are thinking Ashton Youboty, Marcus McNeill, or Winston Justice. If we dont get Ashwourth than McNeill or Justice will be the pick. Before we got Shelton I was worried about them because they are not Left tackles in college. But now we are in the market for a right tackle with Shelton on board, so McNeill and Justice fit in perfect. I hope Hadnot can excell at center so we can utilize one of these talented tackles in this draft

Shelton - James - Hadnot - Carey - Justice or McNeill

Thats talent across the board

Ideally I think we should trade down. I think the value may be equal for us all the way down to the last pick of the first round.

twix2500 said:
If Williams or Huff are available at 16 then they will be the pick. But thats highly unlikely. So I think the Phins are thinking Ashton Youboty, Marcus McNeill, or Winston Justice. If we dont get Ashwourth than McNeill or Justice will be the pick. Before we got Shelton I was worried about them because they are not Left tackles in college. But now we are in the market for a right tackle with Shelton on board, so McNeill and Justice fit in perfect. I hope Hadnot can excell at center so we can utilize one of these talented tackles in this draft

Shelton - James - Hadnot - Carey - Justice or McNeill

Thats talent across the board

Ideally I think we should trade down. I think the value may be equal for us all the way down to the last pick of the first round.

Williams rubbed many people the wrong way during his interviews at the combine. This will likely be of great concern for Saban. As for Huff and Justice, if either is available at 16, I'm sure Saban will be all over them...not likely though.

I know one thing after losing a great corner like Madison as of right now our secondary is in worse shape than it was last year.
We definitely need to get a good corner either in free agency or the draft.
I'm a big Culpepper fan and I'd rather have Culpepper than the 2nd pick but man I'm really missin that 2nd pick.

phinfan_1 said:
I know one thing after losing a great corner like Madison as of right now our secondary is in worse shape than it was last year.
We definitely need to get a good corner either in free agency or the draft.
I'm a big Culpepper fan and I'd rather have Culpepper than the 2nd pick but man I'm really missin that 2nd pick.

Look at it from this POV...who would you rather have, Daunte Culpepper or Matt Roth / Eddie Moore? I bring this up as they were our last two second round picks. Culpepper is far more talented and proven than any QB in this draft and we didn't have to "sell-out" or pay $20+ million in guanatees to get him. It was an extraordinarily solid move.

thepoolboy said:
Look at it from this POV...who would you rather have, Daunte Culpepper or Matt Roth / Eddie Moore? I bring this up as they were our last two second round picks. Culpepper is far more talented and proven than any QB in this draft and we didn't have to "sell-out" or pay $20+ million in guanatees to get him. It was an extraordinarily solid move.
I agree...I wanted Culpepper all along. A 2nd round pick is nothing for a starting probowl QB.

thepoolboy said:

well said

thepoolboy said:
With the league empasis on enforcing the 5yd chuck rule, the term "shutdown corner" is misused. No CB can totally shut down the better receivers without help.

Back
Top Bottom