With the 19th Pick...the Heat select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 19th Pick...the Heat select...

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Here we gooooo.....please go with Jameer Nelson or Pavel Podkolzine. A 7'5 center would OWN in the East, and Nelson would make our lineup really good. IMO we can't go wrong with either. :up:

Dorell Wright??? Who is that? I am lost?! Nelson and Duble P available and we take this guy? Who is he?!

Am I missing something? Even the analysts on ESPN are bashing the Heat's pick. Why wouldn't they take Nelson?! We need a guard, not a damn forward. WTF is this? This is worse than the Fletch, Moore, Avery picks combined.

Vitale is bashing the Heat Front Office now too....:down:

SVG is on...let's hear what he has to say. Oh there goes Double P to the Jazz.

Van Gundy just said that Nelson was the next guy on the board after Wright and they took Wright because he fits the style of offensethat they are trying to build here in Miami. More shooters etc. etc.

:mad: BS!!! How do you pass up on Nelson. He'll get points for us and would start right away. This guy Wright, I am not to sure about. :down:

Nelson is now reportedly going to the Magic for their 2 second round picks. Wow. :eek: If I were the Heat, I would trade our 2nd and next years 2nd or a player for Nelson. We need this guy. This is unbelievable. How did we pass him up? :shakeno:

Prime Time, you seem a little upset. I don't know where this guy fits in. Unless they plan on starting him at C, which I doubt. They don't need another benchwarmer.

PT, I wanted Nelson too...but you're overrating the HELL out of that 19th spot. Nelson wasn't going to crack the line-up. Podkolzine wasn't going to crack the line-up. Wright won't crack the line-up. This was a potential pick, and I guess they really like Wade at the point or looked at Nelson as a career backup, just as everybody else.

Dorell Wright has a load of potential, and in the NBA Draft...what more can you ask for sitting at #19? Wright fits right in with the team, with his athletic ability and all. We DO need more shooters, and now we have that second swingman to team up with Rasual Butler off the bench. I'd imagine that he has a shot at being Eddie Jones' eventual replacement.

Personally, I wanted Al Jefferson or J.R. Smith before Nelson as well.

3 forwards. Great draft. Just ignore the C. It's ok, the Heat don't need one. Brian Grant is doing great. Oh wait, no, they should have drafted someone to play center instead of bench.

Deez Nutz said:
3 forwards. Great draft. Just ignore the C. It's ok, the Heat don't need one. Brian Grant is doing great. Oh wait, no, they should have drafted someone to play center instead of bench.

Do you honestly think the Heat were gonna get a Center in this draft? I think everybody knew they wouldn't sitting at #19. I do hope you realize that from pick #13 and down, the draft is a crap shoot, unlike the NFL. You don't go for need down the line.

Back
Top Bottom