With the 19th Pick...the Heat select... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 19th Pick...the Heat select...

Welcome to Miami, Dorell Wright
clear.gif

Dorell Wright
Birthdate: 12/2/85
NBA Position: SG/SF
College: Depaul(DECLARED)
Class: HS Senior
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 210
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
High School: South Kent Prep

Chad Ford's Analysis:

"With the guy they really wanted, Robert Swift, off the board, they go with the guy with the most upside. I thought the Nuggets would grab Wright at No. 20, but this is a good pick for the Heat. He's a couple of years away, but he reminds me of a young Tracy McGrady type. The Heat will put him on the developmental program. But, as much as I like Wright, I'm stunned that they passed on Jameer Nelson here. They needed a point guard who could play right away. Nelson seemed like a fit."

I think Double P could have cracked the lineup. A 7'5 center would have major ownage in the East. BTW, Nelson IMO, is going to be a good player, a lot of the analysts think he was a lottery pick player, and a lot of teams GMs thought he was a career backup guy. We'll find out who's correct in the near future.

Still, I am dissapointed in our draft. BTW, Wright, thought he was going to be a 2nd round pick, and If he indeed was, he would go back to college. I guess he doesn't have too much trust in his game :nono:

Prime Time said:
I think Double P could have cracked the lineup. A 7'5 center would have major ownage in the East. BTW, Nelson IMO, is going to be a good player, a lot of the analysts think he was a lottery pick player, and a lot of teams GMs thought he was a career backup guy. We'll find out who's correct in the near future.

Still, I am dissapointed in our draft. BTW, Wright, thought he was going to be a 2nd round pick, and If he indeed was, he would go back to college. I guess he doesn't have too much trust in his game :nono:

You have your story wrong with Wright. With his agent problems, many scheduled workouts for him were canceled, which led him to believe there was a chance he could slide. Originally, he was projected a LOTTERY pick.

Podkolzine is not ready. Believe me, I've studied his game. Like I said, I love Nelson...but I cannot argue trying to find a gem in a guy like Dorell Wright, when we run an athletic team to begin with. I love young guys who can get out there and run. I really think this kid has a chance of playing this year, and I think Riley wanted to experiment with a player who we could develop ourselves.

From watching a few films on Wright(online), he reminds me of Ricky Davis with better defense, less of a shot but still developing, and without the nasty azz attitude. I was upset because Nelson was still there and I wanted him, but this is THE kid that I targeted from the start along with Al Jefferson and J.R. Smith(this was back when Nelson looked like a lottery pick). Give the kid a chance...I actually think he's going to be very special.

Wright really fits in, as he plays both the wing and SF. I mean, look at these guys, except for our bigs(not putting LO in that category):

Wade- PG/SG
Jones- SG/SF
C.Butler- SF/SG
Odom- PG/SF/PF
R.Butler- SG/SF
Jerome Beasley- SF/PF(everybody has been praising him, I think he may come along this year)

Now Dorell Wright steps in as a SG/SF. It all seems to fit perfectly.

All this team needs is a player like Mark Blount. Don't kid yourselfs, guys. I'd love to have a Yao Ming, but we do not need a superstar center. The foundation of this team is Wade, Caron, and Odom.

We're in excellent shape heading into July 1st's market. Excellent.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
You have your story wrong with Wright. With his agent problems, many scheduled workouts for him were canceled, which led him to believe there was a chance he could slide. Originally, he was projected a LOTTERY pick.

Podkolzine is not ready. Believe me, I've studied his game. Like I said, I love Nelson...but I cannot argue trying to find a gem in a guy like Dorell Wright, when we run an athletic team to begin with. I love young guys who can get out there and run. I really think this kid has a chance of playing this year, and I think Riley wanted to experiment with a player who we could develop ourselves.

From watching a few films on Wright(online), he reminds me of Ricky Davis with better defense, less of a shot but still developing, and without the nasty azz attitude. I was upset because Nelson was still there and I wanted him, but this is THE kid that I targeted from the start along with Al Jefferson and J.R. Smith(this was back when Nelson looked like a lottery pick). Give the kid a chance...I actually think he's going to be very special.

Wright really fits in, as he plays both the wing and SF. I mean, look at these guys, except for our bigs(not putting LO in that category):

Wade- PG/SG
Jones- SG/SF
C.Butler- SF/SG
Odom- PG/SF/PF
R.Butler- SG/SF
Jerome Beasley- SF/PF(everybody has been praising him, I think he may come along this year)

Now Dorell Wright steps in as a SG/SF. It all seems to fit perfectly.

All this team needs is a player like Mark Blount. Don't kid yourselfs, guys. I'd love to have a Yao Ming, but we do not need a superstar center. The foundation of this team is Wade, Caron, and Odom.

We're in excellent shape heading into July 1st's market. Excellent.

Hey man, I am all for him getting his shot, and I am not going to bash him unless I see him playing, and playind VERY bad, I don't usually bash players (except for C-But ;) :lol: :jk: ). I hope he can do good for us, maybe start one day, I just wished we went with Nelson. Like that summary said, he seemed like a fit. BTW, I hope we can pick up a Center come July.

A lot of people like to put Mark Blount to Miami in as a lock. I wouldn't call it a lock, but I'd call it probable. :up:

ChambersOwnz84 said:
A lot of people like to put Mark Blount to Miami in as a lock. I wouldn't call it a lock, but I'd call it probable. :up:

Lets hope so. For some reason though, this feels like the Dolphins situation with Wayne Gandy all over again. Hopefully my feeling is wrong and Blount signs! :D

Back
Top Bottom