With the 26th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 26th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select...

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Long title that we have all seen before. Who will it be? The candidates in my opinion are Rey Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Clay Matthews Jr., Larry English, Hakeem Nicks, Darius Butler, Connor Barwin, Vontae Davis, and let's not forget about Aaron Maybin. I think the list of possible players and Bill Parcells' draft history make it clear that we are going defense in Round 1. Cornerback is our most pressing need in my personel opinion and I think Darius Butler or Vontae Davis would be absolute gems at #25 but my gut tells me we are in for a shocker. Rey Maualuga will not be there when we pick and I doubt that Aaron Maybin is either. I think when it is all said and done Michael Johnson could be very well be our pick. He might be the best athlete and might have more potential than any player in the draft. He is very stout pass rusher but would have to adapt to pass coverage and improve his game agianst the run. I know our front office is in love with the kid as he has had multiple visits and had dinner with team officials.

As Simon Clancy aka Boomer has pointed out it is a damn shame that Jerry Hughes returned to TCU b/c that kid would be a perfect fit for our defense. I think Clay Matthews Jr. is another major possibility due to his pass rushing ability and solid coverage skills. My favorite player in the draft is Larry English who I think might just have the best first step I have seen since Dwight Freeney. English is just a relentless pass rusher and if I were making the pick, Larry English would be a Dolphin.

I am not making the pick and as the clock ticks until Saturday Night when the Dolphins on the clock it will be extremely interesting to see how the board falls. I don't see anyone really sneaking up too far besides Michael Oher and Peria Jerry. I think Brian Cushing is a guy who we could see fall as well as Josh Freeman. The Jets or Redskins are going to make a move for Mark Sanchez. I do not understand why the Redskins are already giving up on Jason Campbell. It will be interesting to see where Michael Crabtree falls. If this kid fell out of the top 10 and we didn't make a move for him I would be extremely disappointed. Tyson Jackson and Mark Sanchez are players who have gotten hot at the right time.

I just know this draft is essential in the rebuilding process of this franchise. I think we are two drafts away from being a real power-house in the NFL. It is important to convert here; I am so glad that we have two picks in Round 2 this year. I actually had a dream two nights ago (I know how pathetic it sounds) that our Day 1 ended with Rey Maualuga, Larry English, and Sean Smith. If this happened some way... Wow.

This will be me on Saturday
clear.gif

I hope we picked another 4th rounder when we traded from the 25th to 26th pick like the Vikings robbed from us

I dont see Nicks or Brace falling out of the 1st round let alone where we pick in the 2nd round. Butler would be nice but I think if Jenkins and Davis are taken already I think they are truly conidering waiting till the 2nd round to pick a CB A. Smith or S. Smith, whether they will last till our 2nd round pick is another thing.

I hope we go CB with our 1st rounder.

Your also starting to hear Josephs name mentioned more and more, dont know if he makes it to the 5th round.

I want Larry English too. Funny thing is I was saying earlier today that my gut tells me he will be the pick. At 25 of course! :lol:

Larry English is a tenacious defender who just gets after the QB relentlessly. A Parcell's type of guy for sure.

I hope we take him!

With our 25th... I mean 26th pick stumps me. My best bet, trade down. Darius Butler to me is not worth a first rounder, but he won't be there at 44 so its a crap shoot. Nicks will be gone by 44 and hope the Fins pass on him. I like Brace though.

I want the coaching staff to make M.Johnson the player teams wished they picked.

Really who ever ends up being the one I'm really jacked for the up coming season. We will really find out if we're the real deal and getting alittle help from the draft we can know that we're gonna be solid for a long time.

i hope they do pass on nicks if he is still there. to me, he's another derek hagan. he is all about the money than football. he also lacks concentration as evident in the jugg machine contest during the espn nfl futures show. if he drops balls in a non pressure event, he certainly won't show up at a nfl game

FYI... Kenny Britt (who is in your mock) dropped more balls during real games than Nicks did... just lettin ya know. I prefer to judge people by game footage, not a skills competition that means nothing.

Rey Maualuga is the only player I would trade for.... and I have a feeling if he is available where the Eagles or Minn pick, BP will make a trade for him :d-day:

We have to jump ahead of the cheaters to have a shot at Rey Rey

I still think there's the potential to move up if someone like Orakpo or Jenkins starts to slide a little bit.

If we stay at 25, my gut says Brandon Pettigrew.

I still think there's the potential to move up if someone like Orakpo or Jenkins starts to slide a little bit.

If we stay at 25, my gut says Brandon Pettigrew.

Been thinking Pettigrew since the Gonzales trade went through.

Not sure about him though!

i hope they do pass on nicks if he is still there. to me, he's another derek hagan. he is all about the money than football. he also lacks concentration as evident in the jugg machine contest during the espn nfl futures show. if he drops balls in a non pressure event, he certainly won't show up at a nfl game
I saw that even, it was here in Tampa at UT. Those football were coming out harder than any qb would EVER throw to a receiver who's 10 yards away. Pretty much every other receiver, except the guy from Penn State, dropped a pass out of those jugs. You can't judge a player on how he does on some gimmick show on ESPN. Nicks has proven on the field that he has the talent to succed in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom