With the 29th pick the Dolphins select… | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 29th pick the Dolphins select…

Any interest in drafting Sam Howell at #29 to give Tua some competition?
No. I have interest in Ridder at 29 and that's about it for QBs at 29. As far as Howell, I have no interest in any round or UDFA.

Nope Nope. Next years class is deeper and far superior. if Tua flops, which I don't foresee, then Grier will use our allotment of picks next year to move up.

I think he separates well and maximizes yardage well in general. He averaged over 100 yards per game over his career, which is pretty rare when including the freshman year. Averaged better than a TD per game in 2020. He's not fast, but neither was/is J. Rice, C. Carter, A. Boldin, A. Brown, D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, C. Kupp, T. Higgins, C. Lamb. Bell is tough, does the little things well, and plays with high-end balance and coordination. He's also one of the best WR's at breaking tackles in this class - only London had a better rate of missed tackles forced.
I see him as someone McDaniel would like. Certainly have to see a few drafts to get a better read on McDaniel, but he's talked a lot about playing with energy and physicality.

Bell seems to embody that.

Last edited:
I’m hoping for Trevor Penning and Christian Watson the next day
I like that. If Miami is able to sign Armstead, I could see Johnson at 29 with the new offensive line coach also from Boston College.

It will be interesting to see if Miami tries to go for one of the top ranked backs in the draft or pursue a sleeper like SF just did with Mitchell, and the Shanahans have done over the years (Davis, Gary et al). Maybe they do both. I mentioned this earlier, but if they go after one of the top ranked backs, I expect them to target Isaiah Spiller with that second round pick. He may be there because he is not expected to run super fast. But he has vision and that one cut and go style. He looks like a longer Terrell Davis or Elijah Mitchell in terms of running style.

If you can get a WR with size in the first and Spiller in the second, that would be a huge coup for the offensive potential. That also presupposes that you get a center and LT in free agency. I would love to get David Bell at 29 and Spiller in the second. Imagine the juice that would inject into the offense.

On defense, we have a very large need at LB. We need a couple of guys who can run. There are some in the draft, and maybe that is where you go in the 3rd and maybe another pick later. Outside of Baker, our LB's are pitifully unathletic and it drags the defense down.

Nope Nope. Next years class is deeper and far superior. if Tua flops, which I don't foresee, then Grier will use our allotment of picks next year to move up.
Let's hope that there isn't proof on Ross. We will have to let that play out. I think it will come down to the evidence. If there is substantial proof on Ross, then we have to hope he agrees to a settlement with the league where he promptly closes on the sale (presumably still to Beal). The separation would have to protect Ross from future indictment. If that is what happens, why take away draft picks from the Dolphins? The fans would be collateral damage and the bad actor would be gone. That should be the show of force the league needs to show regarding it's competitive posture in general and with the gambling industry.

If they do pull picks, that would be brutal for the fans. At least I don't think they can pull the SF first that we acquired.

When it comes to Beal, presumably he wouldn't upset the apple cart in terms of the coaching staff and the direction of the franchise. He has likely been in the loop since he signed the agreement with Ross. What we don't know is if he thinks like Ross since they come out of the same group and may have been groomed by Ross, or he is an independent thinker. A new owner comes with that uncertainty.

At the end of the day, none of us knows right now how this will play out, but, at a minimum, the notion that we could lose draft picks is within the range of possibilities.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if Miami tries to go for one of the top ranked backs in the draft or pursue a sleeper like SF just did with Mitchell, and the Shanahans have done over the years (Davis, Gary et al). Maybe they do both. I mentioned this earlier, but if they go after one of the top ranked backs, I expect them to target Isaiah Spiller with that second round pick. He may be there because he is not expected to run super fast. But he has vision and that one cut and go style. He looks like a longer Terrell Davis or Elijah Mitchell in terms of running style.

If you can get a WR with size in the first and Spiller in the second, that would be a huge coup for the offensive potential. That also presupposes that you get a center and LT in free agency. I would love to get David Bell at 29 and Spiller in the second. Imagine the juice that would inject into the offense.

On defense, we have a very large need at LB. We need a couple of guys who can run. There are some in the draft, and maybe that is where you go in the 3rd and maybe another pick later. Outside of Baker, our LB's are pitifully unathletic and it drags the defense down.
I think Spiller would be a great fit. Like Bell too.

Cook is a back that could also be a nice fit maybe in round 3.

Back
Top Bottom