With the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft...

El Canadian

Active Roster
Reaction score
Assuming Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are taken 1st and 2nd, the draft really begins at 3 with us... Or does it?

In this hypothetical situation we would have the chance to grab the highest rated OT ever. I know we need playmakers on offense, but hey, good thing we have 2 1st rounders and 2nd rounders right? ;)

After Sewell, you go WR 100% with the 2nd 1st rounder. This is where having the extra round 2 pick comes in handy as our 3rd rounder can be used in a package as trade bait to potentially move up a couple spots.

Devonta Smith and Ja'marr Chase will be gone.

Jaylen Waddle? Rashod Bateman? Chris Olave?

We'd probably need to move a little up to draft Waddle or Bateman (Closer to 15-18), but Olave would be available.

I think we go LB and RB in the 2nd round to complete our overhaul of the offense.

Tua would now have the Oline, WR help, and a better running game (both because of Sewell and whoever we would draft).

What do you guys think?

Here I was thinking the name of my thread is original, if possible to move this into the other thread I apologize.

I love Sewell and have been agitating for another OT for quite a while but trading down would be the move there.

I would like to upgrade RT from Hunt and move him inside(thus upgrading 2 spots)but that does not require drafting the top OT.

Just like improving the LB Corps does not require getting Parsons, or dare i say it upgrading the WR position does not require landing D Smith. :out:

At the end of the day Grier and Flores have shown me that I can trust them. With them in the 2019 and 2020 drafts, here were our picks from rounds 1-4;

2019:
1) Christian Wilkins (DT/DE)
2) -
3) Michael Deiter (G)
4) -

2020:
1a) Tua Tagovailoa (QB)
1b) Austin Jackson (OT)
1c) Noah Igbinoghene (CB)
2a) Robert Hunt (OT/OG)
2b) Raekwon Davis (DT)
3) Brandon Jones (FS)
4) Solomon Kindley (OG)

Aside from Deiter who's been disappointing, almost all of these players have been hits. I'm willing to give Igbinoghene another year, he's so young and he has 2 all-pro corners playing ahead of him (One being the best CB in football).

If these past drafts are anything to go by, its draft players who will be battling in the trenches early.

For those who want us only picking skill positions with our first 4 picks (between rounds 1/2) look away,

Back
Top Bottom