With the 9th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins Select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins Select...

steviey013

Active Roster
Reaction score
Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State University...my reason for the pick - with the retirement of JT we need to find an impact linebacker that can be a game changer for our defense. Assuming we couldn't move up and get RGIII, the Dolphins select Vontaze Burfict with the number 9 pick ( bet we lose the coin toss...) This guy will absolutely terrorize Tom Brady and whoever the Jets have for QB for years to come. IMHO the next Ray Lewis. Check out his Youtube highlights!

Oh dear God. He'd be a liability in the locker room and in coverage. After the Raiders or Bengals have drafted him, I bet he's outta the league within 18 months.

clear.gif

WAY too high, and that's coming from an ASU fan.

At this point I have to assume that Vontaze Burfict has some sort of personality disorder. I've heard he's very quiet and unassuming off the field, and the contrast between that and his completely out of control on field demeanor suggests something is going on there psychologically that I don't really want any part of.

I don't trust him, I wouldn't draft him.

Highly talented though. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he impacted right away, the same way a WR Mike Williams from Syracuse did with the Bucs in 2010. Also wouldn't surprise me if he dropped off the face of the earth in any given year, the way WR Mike Williams from Syracuse did with the Bucs this year.

Right now I'm forecasting Courtney Upshaw or Quinton Coples at that pick.

At this point I have to assume that Vontaze Burfict has some sort of personality disorder. I've heard he's very quiet and unassuming off the field, and the contrast between that and his completely out of control on field demeanor suggests something is going on there psychologically that I don't really want any part of.

I don't trust him, I wouldn't draft him.

Highly talented though. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he impacted right away, the same way a WR Mike Williams from Syracuse did with the Bucs in 2010. Also wouldn't surprise me if he dropped off the face of the earth in any given year, the way WR Mike Williams from Syracuse did with the Bucs this year.

Right now I'm forecasting Courtney Upshaw or Quinton Coples at that pick.
Hey CK. Definitely hard to forecast not knowing who the head coach will be and what sytem he would employ. That said, I have three guys on my list -- Courtney Upshaw, David DeCastro and Dre Kirkpatrick. I do think Miami will attempt to trade up for Roberth Griffin III, but both Cleveland and Washington are in better positions to make that happen.

If Vontaze Burflict makes it to the 2nd round, then that would be a tough decision. He has some Bryan Cox qualities and Cox, while a nice player, frustrated me with his undisciplined side. Lots depends as well if Miami goes to a 4-3 or stays with a 3-4.

I am a Sun Devil fan from Phoenix AZ. I watch almost every game at least once. Trust me, forget about Burfict. He really isn't worth the trouble. He didn't even have a very good year. Besides, he is an ILB, and we don't need a starter there. We defintely need better depth, but you don't draft LB depth with the 8th pick in the draft.

Now, Brock Osweiler in the 4th could bring future big benefits. He is the the Sun Devil that the Dolphins might consider. I guess WR Gerrell Robinson with a 6th round pick wouldn't be a bad thing. I think he will need a couple years, but I think he has significant upside. Could develop like Miles Austin or Malcolm Floyd.

Now, Brock Osweiler in the 4th could bring future big benefits. He is the the Sun Devil that the Dolphins might consider. I guess WR Gerrell Robinson with a 6th round pick wouldn't be a bad thing. I think he will need a couple years, but I think he has significant upside. Could develop like Miles Austin or Malcolm Floyd.
Man, I wish Brock would stay for one more year. Not because I think we have any shot with that turd of a coach, but because he could use another year of development. A lot of potential, but needs a good amount of work.

Back
Top Bottom