With the exception of Bates.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the exception of Bates....

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Were there any effective coaches tied to Wanny in his handpicked group? I do not count Sullivan and Phillips. His Offensive coaches didn't really pan out. Maybe Turner did ok. Anyone have any commentary there. One connected to him is still on the team (Armstrong).

Lee2000

Effective? No. Wannstedt never gave any of them a chance. In an 80% run offense its hard for any of them to be effective except for the offensive line coach. I dont think I need to tell anybody about how our offensive line coach made me want to punch a sleeping baby in the face on many occasions:yell:

I guess Keith Armstrong didnt do too bad a job. In 04 he put together a pretty solid special teams unit. Injurys decimated that comendable job but I guess he didnt do too bad.

You know who I think was one of Wanny's most effective coaches during his tenure? Chan Gailey. He did more with less talent than Norv had.

Sullivan (WR) & Brooks (DL)

I'd really wished Saban had kept these guys on, especially Sullivan.

Agua said:
Sullivan (WR) & Brooks (DL)

I'd really wished Saban had kept these guys on, especially Sullivan.

Ditto that, I thought those guys were amoung the best in the business

poppy said:
You know who I think was one of Wanny's most effective coaches during his tenure? Chan Gailey. He did more with less talent than Norv had.

Good point

Back
Top Bottom