With the first pick in the draft the dolphins select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the first pick in the draft the dolphins select...

columbuslarry

Starter
Reaction score
[mod] Please post in the correct forums. [/mod]

First off I hope we don't end up 1st. Who should we be looking at. Do you think there is a team that wants Brady Quinn bad enough to give us a package of picks. The last thing I want is to be stuck at #1 and draft a O-lineman and have to overpay him. Be great to move down and pick up multiple picks.

There is a draft forum for this discussion.

In fact, there are 12 threads in the draft forum regarding this question.

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but go to the draft forum and you will get the info yr looking for.

Sorry I just felt there is nothing left to talk about this years team. We all know our o-line stinks Joey Stinks mularkey stinks

No problem.

Go to the draft forum and you will encounter the hearty debate you are seeking.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well the BPA would be Calvin Johnson. I don't know that we would go WR however.

Johnson may be the most talented draft pick out there...but I'd rather draft someone who's going to get the ball more than 5 or 6 times a game, like a Brady Quinn if necessary, or a Joe Thomas who's involved in every play. Why pay a high price for Johnson when we have no one to block long enough for whomever our QB is to get him the ball? I agree that we wouldn't go with a WR.

PHINBRED said:
Brady Quinn

The dolphins will not select a QB in the 1st round of the 2007 NFL draft(no matter how deserving Quinn is of a high selection).

We WON'T end up with the 1st pick ... but for any top 5 pick we get NEEDS to be a QB !!

Top 10 opens it up to T or DL [absolute IMPACT player]

Top 15 opens it up to WR, LB and DB ....

PHINANALYST said:
We WON'T end up with the 1st pick ... but for any top 5 pick we get NEEDS to be a QB !!

Top 10 opens it up to T or DL [absolute IMPACT player]

Top 15 opens it up to WR, LB and DB ....

whether it needs to be or not is irrelivent, because this coaching staff will not select a QB in the first round of the 2007 draft. Especially not in the top 5.

at this point speculating on who we should take #1 in the draft is like getting depressed because marino didn't win a superbowl. a waste of time. because there is no salary cap for rookies a high draft pick is a lousy investment! 20, 30, 40, 50 million dollars on a bunch of potential. Trading out of the 1st round makes the most sense but teams aren't stupid (a la Jimmy Johnson - herschel Walker trade) anymore.

zonk4ever said:
at this point speculating on who we should take #1 in the draft is like getting depressed because marino didn't win a superbowl. a waste of time. because there is no salary cap for rookies a high draft pick is a lousy investment! 20, 30, 40, 50 million dollars on a bunch of potential. Trading out of the 1st round makes the most sense but teams aren't stupid (a la Jimmy Johnson - herschel Walker trade) anymore.

Actually, there is a rookie cap for every team, and it is designated by where you pick in the draft. And trading out of the 1st round does not make the most sense, otherwise more teams would try and do it(and in the process never garner equal return on thier trade). If you manage to trade out of the 1st round, you normally acquire future picks, which again are hinged on a bunch of potential. And with the Herschel Walker trade, the cowboys acquired a bunch of picks including a first rounder. The team that would be considered stupid, was the team that traded out of the 1st round to do so, because Johnson got the much better deal ultimately. Then again, his results were predicated on potential, so it must have been a lousy investment.

Back
Top Bottom