With the second round pick , the phins choose ......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the second round pick , the phins choose .........

Other LBs who come to mind, better than Alexander in the 2nd round, with the 39th pick are H.B. Blades (can play any LB position), Prescott Burgess (around the same as Alexander until the later workouts determine otherwise), Buster Davis (reminds me of London Fletcher in the middle and this would be a stretch playing him at SAM or WILL unless you run a D like we used too. But maybe Jim Bates in Denver would be interested) At this point Rufus Alexander is a high 3rd round pick until the Combine proves otherwise--IMHO.

Brandon Merriweather.

I love Meriweather. His versatility is good and is also a solid tackler to go with his very solid coverage skills. Has good ball skills also. IMO he could play S or CB in the NFL and be a starter very early in his career as long as his character issues don't become a hindrance on his Pro career.

rufus alexander? ...... what do you think ? i personally think that it would be a great pick because the kid is solid.

At the top of the 2nd you "may" have guys like Kalil, Ugoh, Sears, possibly Blalock, Staley, Rice, Poz, Cason and Meacham available...all IMHO better prospects than Rufus Alexander.

I'll confess...I'm a bit of a Rufus Alexander fan myself. I haven't seen him play much so I'm no expert (usually watching SEC games) but everything I've read on him has been good stuff. 6'1 231 is what he is listed at on the site I looked at, it will be interesting to see how he measures up at the combine.

rufus alexander? ...... what do you think ? i personally think that it would be a great pick because the kid is solid.

not really a 3-4 player honestly but I love him as a good talent.

At the top of the 2nd you "may" have guys like Kalil, Ugoh, Sears, possibly Blalock, Staley, Rice, Poz, Cason and Meacham available...all IMHO better prospects than Rufus Alexander.

cason went back to school

I would love Meriweather at the top of the 2nd. He is an amazing talent that could play CB or Safety

cason went back to school

I would love Meriweather at the top of the 2nd. He is an amazing talent that could play CB or Safety

I'm not totally sold on Meriweather, especially in the 2nd where I think there will be much better talent available.

What makes you think he could play CB???

I'm not totally sold on Meriweather, especially in the 2nd where I think there will be much better talent available.

What makes you think he could play CB???

Maybe he pu him there in a video game. :rolleyes2

depends on whos there...I really like a Kareem Brown or Marcus McCauley with the 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom