Without Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Ricky

PhiNomina

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Do you guys think we would be better or worse off without Ricky? Granted he had an amazing year last year and I love having him as a threat, but as a team do you think those 2 first rounders would have made our team better than having Ricky would?? Just a thought

no thank god we didnt have them dave would have wasted the picks anyway anybody heard of jamar flecther? dave wannny can not draft or evaluate talent.so to answer your question no we would not be better off ricky was worth it our line sucks this year and like i said at least the picks did not get wasted we got ricky the only good thing to happen under the wanstedt era PERIOD!!

NO! Ricky was definitely worth those 2 draft picks. If we didn't make that trade, we would have had a losing record last year, and we wouldn't be able to run the ball this year. Ricky is already one of the greatest backs in Dolphins history, he was definitely worth the trade.

Come on man.

If our line was even average Ricky would have atleast 1500 yards at this point. Our line is horrible.

Smith was gettin eatin up today.

I wasn't saying I thought we would be better off, just asking everyone's opinion. And to counter your point...what is the use of Ricky Williams if we don't have a good line. You say "if we had an average line" well wouldn't two first round draft picks help shore that up for any team? I am very happy with Ricky, and would never want to take that trade back. I was just trying to raise a question.

the only thing bad about ricky being on our team is that we are wasting his career

I think it's more than the OL. It's the passing game. Even when the line blocks well, teams are still throwing more defenders at us than we have blockers. And if they're disciplined (like New England), they don't overrun plays and the stay with their gap responsibility. So it becomes that much tougher.

You have to exploit the defense with the pass to get them to back off. But to do that, you also need decent pass protection. So I guess what I'm saying is....it's the QB, WRs, and the OL.

To the point, I still want Ricky. No other RB on our roster could have stood up to the pounding he has taken. I look to the future in regards to Ricky.

It is the O-Line. If we give Jay some decent time, he can be a succesful QB.

Back
Top Bottom