Wolf, Marino and now Shula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wolf, Marino and now Shula

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
With these 3 well known and respected football legends, all saying "No" to Wayne H. and the Dolfin org.

Is it really a matter of maintaining their quality of life and they refused the posistion because it would demand too many hours.. or is it more the fact they want to distance themself from the Dolfin org. because its turning into the joke team of the league and they dont want the headaches and bad rep??

I admire Marino for seeing the train wreck coming and being smart enough to keep his name off of it.

After some meetings and hearing where the team was going, I am sure he said "no thanks!"

Originally posted by Jeep
With these 3 well known and respected football legends, all saying "No" to Wayne H. and the Dolfin org.

Is it really a matter of maintaining their quality of life and they refused the posistion because it would demand too many hours.. or is it more the fact they want to distance themself from the Dolfin org. because its turning into the joke team of the league and they dont want the headaches and bad rep??

I dont know Jeep. And i dont care. Shula wears depends. Marino is a chicken $@#$ and spielman wanted the job so he got it.

You make a valid point. Something is wrong with the organization. Ron Wolf was basically told you can pretty much freeball it do the consultant thing. He says no thanks, and then goes to CLE. My guess is he saw things he didn't like.

Shula isn't coming back to anyone though. He's in his 70's, loving life and living off of his riches, enjoying his kids, grandkids, etc..? Who in their right mind would walk away from that happiness to go back to 14 hour days? Certainly not me. There's a reason Mr. Shula still looks good for his age: No stress.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
You make a valid point. Something is wrong with the organization. Ron Wolf was basically told you can pretty much freeball it do the consultant thing. He says no thanks, and then goes to CLE. My guess is he saw things he didn't like.

Shula isn't coming back to anyone though. He's in his 70's, loving life and living off of his riches, enjoying his kids, grandkids, etc..? Who in their right mind would walk away from that happiness to go back to 14 hour days? Certainly not me. There's a reason Mr. Shula still looks good for his age: No stress.

My guess is that Wolf came in and saw Spielman had everything rigged to the point where Wolf said, "what do you need me for?" Becuase he pretty much said that. another thing. Wolf said He likes Feeley. so that is pretty much a crappy theory.

Look the Marino thing was a serious mistake by Huizenga. that is about it. Huizenga was trying to shake things up organizationally. But all he needed to do was make Spielman the GM and get rid of Wanny. Wanny will come later.

Originally posted by finfan54

I dont know Jeep. And i dont care. Shula wears depends. Marino is a chicken $@#$ and spielman wanted the job so he got it.

Talk about insulting your betters! You try to give me crap for talking down our front office, and here you are personally insulting LEGENDS whose jocks you aren't fit to clean, who both know more about football than you EVER will.

Marino new that Wanny sucks as a coach and didnt want to be part of the bull **** Wanny would pull. I wouldnt be suprised if in a year or two if Dan doesnt take the position after Rick and Wanny are fired.

Since you all have offered your opinions, I will offer mine.

Wolf didn't take the job because we didn't hire the GM he suggested.

Marino quit because he realized he didn't want a workload he didn't realize he'd be getting when he approached Wayne wanting a job.

Shula took himself out of the running because he wants to stay retired.

I'd keep my eye on Bernie Kosar. He apparently still holds a high level of interest.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Since you all have offered your opinions, I will offer mine.

Wolf didn't take the job because we didn't hire the GM he suggested.

Marino quit because he realized he didn't want a workload he didn't realize he'd be getting when he approached Wayne wanting a job.

Shula took himself out of the running because he wants to stay retired.

I'd keep my eye on Bernie Kosar. He apparently still holds a high level of interest.

I think you just stole my opinion. ;)

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think Marino walked because of the workload, though that seems to be the official story. When Mort first released the story it was all about what power the job had and Marino being told to take a month off before the draft.

Dan wants to be in charge and that was not what the team wanted.

"Marino quit because he realized he didn't want a workload he didn't realize he'd be getting when he approached Wayne wanting a job."

heres what i dont buy about this argument, you mean to tell me that dan marino spent 17 years in the NFL, and didnt realize that a GM has to put in long work days evaluating talent? do we think he accepted the job thinking it was 9-5? something smells with the whole marino hiring, maybe its best that it gets buried.

Originally posted by slubeaner
"Marino quit because he realized he didn't want a workload he didn't realize he'd be getting when he approached Wayne wanting a job."

heres what i dont buy about this argument, you mean to tell me that dan marino spent 17 years in the NFL, and didnt realize that a GM has to put in long work days evaluating talent? do we think he accepted the job thinking it was 9-5? something smells with the whole marino hiring, maybe its best that it gets buried.

Repeat after me: "Marino left because of the workload."

There, now don't we feel better.

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Wolf, Marino and now Shula

Originally posted by finfan54

HOW OLD ARE YOU? FIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Marino Left because of the time spent off home with his family, his wife was one of the reasons he retired. Also, like the other fellow fin fan said... he saw a trainwreck coming. This organization is not heading into a good direction. We will find
ourselves stuck. We refused to upgrade our coaching staff, refused to make any major changes on offense for many years straight and we refused to bring any lineman that would aid our needs.

"Marino Left because of the time spent off home with his family, his wife was one of the reasons he retired. Also, like the other fellow fin fan said... he saw a trainwreck coming. This organization is not heading into a good direction. We will find
ourselves stuck. We refused to upgrade our coaching staff, refused to make any major changes on offense for many years straight and we refused to bring any lineman that would aid our needs."

dan scouted one whole senior bowl, and went to a couple of press conferences, and from this he was overworked? are you saying that he didnt know this that there was a "trainwreck" coming, and after 10 days on the job it became all too clear? i would think that all of this would have been out there during the interview process. my guess is that dan wasnt getting the power he thought, and quit. using the time away from the family excuse is something that his minions can accept. i love dan, but this was a sh!tty thing to do

Back
Top Bottom