Wolves not planning to trade Garnett in the offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wolves not planning to trade Garnett in the offseason

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Minnesota Timberwolves fans who want Kevin McHale out are becoming more and more vocal, and some turned out to express their displeasure at the season finale.

But McHale isn't going anywhere.

McHale said Thursday he will return as vice president of basketball operations next season and plans on bringing star Kevin Garnett and coach Randy Wittman back with him.

"I don't want to walk away with the team in this state," said McHale, who said this year's team resembled the "dysfunctional" squad he inherited when he was named vice president in 1995.

In a season-ending news conference, McHale addressed a long, frustrating year in which his Wolves finished 32-50 and missed the playoffs for the third straight season.

"It was a bad season. There's no other way you can say it," McHale said. "It was a bad year and I did a bad job. That's the way it is."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/04/19/wolves.mchale.wittman.ap/index.html

They need to blow that entire team, staff and front office up. Garnett's nearing the end of his prime, which means his trade value is going to plummet sooner than later. Move him now, get a package of kids to build around and start rebuilding.

I don't understand why Kevin Garnett is remaining loyal to the Timberwolves and continuing to stay in Minny?...it is not like McHale is ever going to bring in any supporting players to help Garnett out. McHale reminds me a lot of guys like Isiah Thomas, Danny Ainge, and Matt Millen,,,,good pros but lousy GM's. :rolleyes2

I think there is a good possibility he still gets traded, but he cant come right out and say hes gonna unload him, especially if he wants to try and get full value....There is one problem with trading KG though, no one will go to any games...

Back
Top Bottom