Woodley, Posluzsny, or Willis? Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Woodley, Posluzsny, or Willis? Analysis

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
With Miami likely bidding for a middle-of-the pack spot in the 1st, these are the guys who most have their eyes on as being Miami's pick. I'm going to attempt at a non-biased analysis of all 3:

1. LaMarr Woodley, DE Michigan 6'2"/274
Positives:
- Sure tackler and an awesome pass rusher. Once he's got someone in his grasp, the opposing player goes down quickly. Attacks the line hard. Has good game speed but will not enamor with great speed. Sheds O-linemen seemingly with ease. Plays HUGE in big games. Intense. Very strong.

Negatives:
- Weight can be an issue. Somewhat slow with 4.75 speed. Seems to tire at times. Quicker players can elude him with no issue. Can overpersue plays which takes him out of the picture completely. Lacks good lower body balance. Not good height for traditional rush-DE.

2. Paul Posluzsny, LB Penn State 6'2"/243
Positives:
- Very good speed. Smart LB (3.5 gpa) who understands his position. Has knack for being in the right place at the right time. A savage when it comes to being the first tackler. NEVER gives up on a play (see game vs. Illinois). Very good in pass coverage with 3 ints this year. A fan favorite in Penn State. A blue-collar type player. Aggressive in every aspect of the game.

Negatives:
- Holds on to tackles, but with poor technique in that he does not burst from the hips, which makes him susceptible to being run over. Although first to meet opponent with ball, needs help taking down players. Had knee injury vs. Florida State. Does not have good hip swivel in change of direction. Can be blocked. Possibly overhyped.

3. Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss 6'2"/235
Positives:
- VERY fast game speed. As with the others, a sure tackler. Makes plays that seemingly would be impossible because of his speed. Big hitter that shoots from the hip. Can cover, but made to make plays otherwise because of scheme. Is everywhere on the field (sideline to sideline player). Players move backward when hit by Willis. Has a motor that never stops. Change of direction unmatched. Great leader on and off the field. Takes good angles.

Negatives:
- Has had several nagging injuries in 2005, including a hand injury that had him wear a clubbed cast for part of the season. A bit on the lighter side for an ILB. Could build more upper body mass. Underexposed because of where he plays. Injuries in Jr. season could be an issue.

All-in-all, this is what I came up with on all of the guys. From my posting earlier in this forum, I am obviously a Patrick Willis supporter. Though, in all honesty, I would take any one of these players anyday.

All are obviously playmakers. My concerns for Woodley are his weight and height. Depends on the system he is in. Plays a "rush-LB" position at Michigan. His speed is not something to write home to mom about. For Posluzsny, his poor tackling technique raises a concern. He is always around the ball, but does not have push-back when tackling which could get him hurt in NFL. Needs help with tackles. Willis could have injury concerns but was injury-free in '06. But because of the frequency of them in '05 (although nagging), will raise eyebrows. Has played through those injuries. Pretty tough guy.

They are all good prospects but i think that Willis is probably the best out of all 3 of them, than Poz fallowed by Woodley. Poz is the classic linebacker as he's always the first to get the ball and has an uncanny ability to disect the play. Patrick Willis looks like he's going to be a stud. He's the most powerfull out of all three of them and when he makes a hit he knocks people backwards. Woodley is a pretty good DE and from what i have seen he is extremely good at pressuring the QB.

Still think we need to go oline probably can get a good linebacker in second round

Willis won't be there when we pick, Woodley will slide because he is a tweener, not sure where Poz will go, he could go early, but then he may go late becuase there is a lot of good LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round to be had.

hmmm... I say Willis but I think we could wait till the third round and find another Channing Crowder. I wouldve said to find one in the 2nd but we lost that one to Culpeper.

Willis is awesome. I'd love for us to nab him. Sure playmaker, great character.

We do not know when we will be picking, and personally I am hoping to see us picking at the end of draft.

I wouldve said to find one in the 2nd but we lost that one to Culpeper.

We have a second round pick, why do people keep insisting that we don't?

I would go for Poz or Willis.

Nice scouting reports BTW.

PyroDOLFAN said:
hmmm... I say Willis but I think we could wait till the third round and find another Channing Crowder. I wouldve said to find one in the 2nd but we lost that one to Culpeper.

FOR THE ONE HUNDREDTH TIME>>>> THAT WAS LAST YEAR'S 2ND ROUNDER WE GAVE UP FOR CULPEPPER!!!!

WE HAVE OUR 2ND ROUND PICK!!! LMAO!!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE????

MrEd said:
FOR THE ONE HUNDREDTH TIME>>>> THAT WAS LAST YEAR'S 2ND ROUNDER WE GAVE UP FOR CULPEPPER!!!!

WE HAVE OUR 2ND ROUND PICK!!! LMAO!!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE????

Mods, sticky please...

Back
Top Bottom