Woods measures well at combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Woods measures well at combine

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
so far the center woods has been outstanding...

6'4" 311 33 & 1/2 " arms ( longest arms of all Centers ) 10 & 1/4 " hands and btw he did 33 reps at the combine.

"I watched the Sr Bowl again today.. he knocked BJ Raji on his butt a few times.. Pancaked Ziggy Hood (6'4" 298) two plays in a row.. pulled and was a lead blocker in a couple of run plays.. off RT.. I seen on some pass plays.. ( like Pat White's 39 yard td toss to Wallace ) Wood was at OG and his man ( Mitch King 6'3" 272 ) didn't even get off the line.. Wood shot out and locked on and shoved King 3 yards back..

during 1-vs-1 drills Wood was the only C not dominated by Raji.. "

another member on another board speaking of woods.

i'm all for upgrading our Center position,and if the FO decides to not pursue Jason Brown,and instead drafts our Center,then i'm ok with him...pending he has the toughness that Coach Sparano's looking for...

i'm all for upgrading our Center position,and if the FO decides to not pursue Jason Brown,and instead drafts our Center,then i'm ok with him...pending he has the toughness that Coach Sparano's looking for...

Eric Wood is a pretty tough dude, definately known for his ability to simply maul people. Plus, he's started a lot of games over his Louisville career.

Eric Wood is a pretty tough dude, definately known for his ability to simply maul people. Plus, he's started a lot of games over his Louisville career.
i am quite ok with that,as i'm sure our FO is also....

I got the chance to see Eric Wood play against Cincinnati this year in person. UC had a pretty underrated, and undersized DT in Terrill Byrd (6'1" 285lbs) and Wood was able to have his way with him for most of the game. The only worry I'd see is consistency with regard to Eric Wood. That said, I'm always for a Cincinnati boy on the Dolphins.

I've been saying he is the center I want...I loved how he handled Raji in the Senior Bowl. Raji did NOTHING...

I got the chance to see Eric Wood play against Cincinnati this year in person. UC had a pretty underrated, and undersized DT in Terrill Byrd (6'1" 285lbs) and Wood was able to have his way with him for most of the game. The only worry I'd see is consistency with regard to Eric Wood. That said, I'm always for a Cincinnati boy on the Dolphins.

I though he played for Louisville...Is he from Cinnci?

what are the thoughts on a.q. shipley? i see he ran a 5.19 and pushed 33 reps. he won the rimington trophy this year. i didn't catch any penn st games so i can't judge but he seems like a good late round pickup who could push satele if we draft defense early.

im telling you this guys after watching position drills at the combine i really feel this guy might be the best center in this draft. He is aggressive runs and transitions real fluidly and can probably be had with our secod round pick. If we cant get brown i want this guy i was high on him during the season and he solidified it for me today.

Hopefully we can sign Jason Brown in FA and won't need to draft a center. But if we draft one, I kind of like the guy from Penn State. Watched him at the combine today and although he is only 6'1", he is stocky, strong, quick, and has an attitude. I think he stuck out the most of the centers.

what are the thoughts on a.q. shipley? i see he ran a 5.19 and pushed 33 reps. he won the rimington trophy this year. i didn't catch any penn st games so i can't judge but he seems like a good late round pickup who could push satele if we draft defense early.

Shipley is guy I was talking about. I agree he looked impressive. He looked like a football player and performed hungry.

Shipley also has the shortest arms of all the O-Linemen out there at 29 1/4 inches long...would we want another short arm Center?!!!

Shipley also has the shortest arms of all the O-Linemen out there at 29 1/4 inches long...would we want another short arm Center?!!!

there are more important things than arm length in a center.things like leadership,smarts, pre-snap adjustments at the line ,snap-to-set quickness, excellent vision and awareness of double teams especially in pass protection.
a.q. is listed as only the 6th best prospect on most draft lists i've seen.which means he's likely not going in the first 4 rounds. we could draft him in the 5th or possibly even the 7th if guys like luigs and caldwell are still around in the 6th. remember we already used a #2 on satele. as i said i haven't seen shipley play but he is an intriguing late round pickup.

Back
Top Bottom