Woods measures well at combine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Woods measures well at combine

I've been eying Eric Wood as a good choice for our 2b selection or 3 if we get lucky. But, it may be that he's moving up the draft board. I still think that between Alex Mack, Eric Wood, and Jonathon Luigs we should be able to get a quality C in round 3, or at least with our 2b selection. I just think we will not have our choice of C's at those selections. Personally, I think there are a lot of good C's out there--best C year I've ever seen--so given Parcells' emphasis on the C position compared to the rest of the NFL, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we drafted one early.

Then again, the guy I'm really excited aobut is G Kraig Urbik, who I think we may have a chance at in round 3. If so, I think he'd be a great addition to our system.

As for A.Q. Shipley, yeah, he's a good overall C, but the problem is that he's very lightweight, and our system requires a bigger stronger C than average, so I just don't think he'll be on our draft board at all. Sure, he may have the strength, but I still would be shocked if the trifecta picked him over Satele.

Trust me, Wood is the man. If you want a tough, physical center with 4 years of starting under his belt that will spend as much time in the film room as Pennington, then he's your man.

The only problem is I haven't heard anything about the trifecta even attempting to talk to him. Does anyone one know if we interviewed him at the combine?

Trust me, Wood is the man. If you want a tough, physical center with 4 years of starting under his belt that will spend as much time in the film room as Pennington, then he's your man.

The only problem is I haven't heard anything about the trifecta even attempting to talk to him. Does anyone one know if we interviewed him at the combine?

Hmmm...remember last year, not one Dolphins scout went to Jake Long's pro day. I remember Armando's famous words, "The Dolphins aren't interested in Jake Long."

I wouldn't put too much stock into a combine interview, they'll do their homework. Heck, they met with Vernon Gholston 4 separate times last year and didn't take him.

Hmmm...remember last year, not one Dolphins scout went to Jake Long's pro day. I remember Armando's famous words, "The Dolphins aren't interested in Jake Long."

I wouldn't put too much stock into a combine interview, they'll do their homework. Heck, they met with Vernon Gholston 4 separate times last year and didn't take him.

Very true. However I would get a little warm and fuzzy if I at least knew they had contacted his agent. I guess we'll hear if anyone attends U of L's pro day.

Very true. However I would get a little warm and fuzzy if I at least knew they had contacted his agent. I guess we'll hear if anyone attends U of L's pro day.

Maybe. I've always viewed the early-April, in-house visit to the Dolphins facility as a potential clincher as being interested in a guy.

Problem is, figuring out who has or hasn't actually come into Miami is tricky; especially with our front office.

You'd have to think though, with the way Wood has performed from the Senior Bowl on, proving he can handle a DT like B.J. Raji (who is probably most similar to the Kris Jenkins/Vince Wilfork type we see twice a year) they'd have to be impressed.

I'd have to say, prior to the Senior Bowl, I'd have said he was probably the 4th best C. Now I'd stick him almost dead even with Alex Mack, and Mack's not performing might make him slip a little.

Just watched Wood do cones on NL network. Very impressive. Smooth movements in change of direction. I really like this guy.

With his good performance so far I think he is moving up in the top three centers.

If we don't get Brown I want Eric Wood.

Maybe. I've always viewed the early-April, in-house visit to the Dolphins facility as a potential clincher as being interested in a guy.

Problem is, figuring out who has or hasn't actually come into Miami is tricky; especially with our front office.

You'd have to think though, with the way Wood has performed from the Senior Bowl on, proving he can handle a DT like B.J. Raji (who is probably most similar to the Kris Jenkins/Vince Wilfork type we see twice a year) they'd have to be impressed.

I'd have to say, prior to the Senior Bowl, I'd have said he was probably the 4th best C. Now I'd stick him almost dead even with Alex Mack, and Mack's not performing might make him slip a little.

I agree completely. I was watching the Senior Bowl to specifically see what Mack did with all the talk about him...I came away saying, "Forget Mack...Give me Wood!!!"

Back
Top Bottom