word is McClain is a 2 down backer...from mobile | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

word is McClain is a 2 down backer...from mobile

Did these people who put out the "word" even watch his last collegic game?(mind you,I've watch most games from his the past season)

He displayed the ability to read the QB,and adjust in coverage.He also showed that he can turn and run,and has great closing speed.Very agile for someone 6'4",and is a sound tackler.From what I've seen,he spends at least 35-40% in the backfield and LOS.....Really dont agree with these people at all.

Boy if that's your opinion,you and DcRy82, could really have some kind of thread going.

I agree with you though. My only knock on him is that he tackles high, once in awile. usually got the guy down, but he'll have to work on that a bit in the pros.

a 2 down backer huh... thats just funny.

The thing that really hurt Rey Maualuga is that he was/is a high functioning alcoholic.

He didn't even try and hide it last year.All the GM's and scouts knew.Some super hard core draftnik's knew it but not many.

The " Big O " from wqam talked about it last year but never said the LB'ers name but after Ray got busted he came out with it on the air this past week and said it was Rey Maualuga he was talking about last year..................it blow my mind when i heard that last week.

But it really go's to show the Cincinnati Bengals will draft anyone.

I wonder if that's overblown though because after the draft something Jeff Ireland said made it seem like he was very surprised that Rey Maualuga dropped as far as he did. He obviously didn't have priority on taking him at #21, because he knew he needed corners...but it seemed like he couldn't believe how far he dropped.

I wonder if that's overblown though because after the draft something Jeff Ireland said made it seem like he was very surprised that Rey Maualuga dropped as far as he did. He obviously didn't have priority on taking him at #21, because he knew he needed corners...but it seemed like he couldn't believe how far he dropped.

Maybe Ireland just said that to get the media off his back and shut up about the topic. Because I remember that question/answer session with the media during the draft. And the silly questions the media was asking him was getting on his nerves.

And we all know Ireland is not crazy about the media as he very rarely chooses to talk to them.

I believe the question that was asked was why did Vontae drop in the draft. So that question kind of put him in a corner. And his answer was "why does any player drop", and then he referred to Rey.

Maybe he mentioned "Rey" because he knew that he's a player with a REAL character flaw, and not Vontae... Possibly a case of Ireland just screwing around with the media and their stupid questions.

Just throwing that out there as a possibility. Not that I care if Rey is an alcoholic or not, and chooses to be so stupid to have that life. It's not my problem and it's not a member of my team.

Yes i rememeber Jeff saying something like "how does Maualuga fall" but Jeff gets paid to lie so.....

I know Big O was talking about it before the draft last year and saying every scout and GM knew so i'd find it hard to believe the Dolphins didn't know, something about him drinking....but like i said he didn't give the Lb'ers name at the time

But yes Big O may call every 20 something year old guy that likes to drink a few times a week a " high functioning alcoholic ".So it's hard to know really why he fell like he did but that would make alot of since if he was/is a drunk.

Back
Top Bottom